Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
Can I ramble for a bit? Well, I’m going to anyway :P I’ve got a date with W tonight. We are going to a concert in a town about 2 hours away. We really like the bands so are willing to make the drive to see them but also spending 4 hours alone with W in the car is something I have been looking forward to for several weeks. It will be the most time we have spent together with just the 2 of us since our one night hotel stay the week after D-day. That was the “do we stay married” self-imposed lock up night. It would be nice if tonight was just as intense but for completely different reasons. We haven’t had a chance to fully disclose our feelings in a long time. (Yeah, I know guys don’t do this – but I’m learning) <P>Oh yeah, I got a promotion and a raise yesterday! Actually a big chunk of $$. About the monthly increase of what an apartment with utilities would run. (bet you never heard of someone feeling bad about getting more money before) I think I have been using the “we can’t afford it” argument as a crutch at times and now that crutch is gone.<P>I know I seem kinda down today. Had a dream last night and it has left me in a funk. I just need someone to talk to for a second. Strange, I always have a house full of people <I> and I really enjoy that! </I> But of all those friends, no one knows about the A but the participants (willing and un-willing) and our counselor. The whole thing is wearing hard on us all and I see it more in OM and his W. Other friends ask me “what’s wrong with W” or “why is OM so down?” (well they use his name, but you know what I mean) I don’t know how long they will buy the “he’s having a rough time at work and putting in a lot of hours” excuse. Having company is something I actually hated during the period before D-day when you know something is wrong but you don’t know what it is or what to do about it. Now I’m back to being the social animal I was before; I like to surround myself with our friends. Now if W and OM can quit kicking themselves about it maybe we can pack it all up in a garbage bag, dump it on the side of the road and move on. Sometimes I wonder if OM would feel better if I drug him out in the ally and beat the hell out of him. Maybe then he could find absolution. After all, it’s really in <I>MY</I> best interest if OM and his W have a solid relationship. <P>Anyway, I really didn’t have anything to say or ask (that’s a lot of words for someone who doesn’t have anything to say – kinda like a politician) just needed to ramble.<P>Joe<BR>

J
J
An occasional brain dump is good for the soul. I hope things work out, and use the extra money as an excuse to not move out. Hey you two will have so much more disposable income to travel, go to concerts, play........ See, I got an answer even if you don't have a question!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation