Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
C
"She has had two very troubled marriages, her first husband had flashbacks from Nam and put a gun in his mouth and her second H is an alcoholic and won't go out with her and have fun"...I said good, if she marries you she'll have an egotistical, alcoholic third husband.

M
MF Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Gregg,<P>Thanks. I know my H is sick.. I always think he's "temporaly insane".<P>I'm doing alright and he's miserable and depressed.. that shows who had problems when we were living together. He seems starting to realize that. I just wanted to write down these things here to see how much crazy things he has said. And right now I'm having fun reading them again..<P>True, these are very hurtful things to say, but it's too hurtful, now it's funny. You are so right, right minded people won't even think about these kind of things! <P>Anyway, thanks for your prayers. I really appreciate it... I don't know your story but hope you are doing well [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].<P>Meg

W
W
My turn - <P>"I still love you as a friend"<P>"Before we work on our marriage, I need time to heal from the trauma"<BR>"What trauma?"<BR>"Our problems!"<P>"I do consider your feelings."<P>"I feel like I've been betrayed."<P>"Everyone needs to take responsibility for their actions." (spoken to our son after he had a problem in school)<P>....and my favorite:<P>"I can't stand all these lies!!!"<P>WAT

T
T
After disclosing the affair in the first place my adorable H decided to unadmit it.<P>I didn't sleep with her I just wanted to so in the bible that's just as bad, that's why I told you I had an affair...yeah, right, more like, I just discovered how much money this is gonna cost me!<P>You don't understand me.<P>SHE understands me....yeah, your fake WORK persona.<P>I'm not in love with you....never noticed before, like last night when you were f.......my brains out!<P>You don't need to get a lawyer, I'll take care of you.......I don't F...... think so!<P>To name a few of the classics. It's been 7 years - and still this is so fresh!<P>

S
S
It's not about sex! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>She is th only person who is there for me.<P>You never showed you loved me.<P>

M
MF Offline OP
OP Offline
M
(when I tried to convince him to work things out together)"I feel like I'm missing a great oppotunity"<P>"She doesn't mind me sleeping with you, she cares(when we have) more emotional stuff"<P>"I tell her I still love you"(gosh, what is she thinking?)<P>"(OW is bisexual), now I'm always worried either she goes out with male friend or female friend"<P>"you are always my #1"<P>"I shouldn't be telling you this, but I really wanted to come home.. I can't tell this to her!"<P>"small things about OW started to get on my nurves.."(then later I found out he went to see her) then "I wanted you to wait for me that's why I said that"<P>My point: My H is very very sick......<BR>

M
MF Offline OP
OP Offline
M
(when I found out H and OW spent Valentine's day at her place)"I don't believe in Valentine's Day, besides she was busy working for 10 hours"(is it the point?)<P>(when I found out OW is coming over to MY town for thanksgiving--after I told him it's very disrespectful)"I felt that too.. I will tell her not to come" but next day they are going to meet in Ottawa!<P>Geez!

A
A
This is almost comical, but here goes: "I am trying to recover my feelings for you, but I feel sad and hopeless. Whenever I talk to the OM, I feel better". Why not talk to me instead?...I guess she doesn't see the absurdity of her actions.<P>AGG

B
B
Pretty good! Is there a school that they go to to learn this stuff?<P>My faves are:<P>During EMR: "She (OW) is a great person, and I care about her as a friend. Don't take out your anger on her."<P>Post EMR, after OW tattled to me: "She's disloyal, and she betrayed me. She's equally to blame in all of this."<P>Oh, whatever! Fickle, thy name is married man having an EMR. Their perceptions change with the direction of the wind.<P>belld

M
MF Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Today my H came over so I asked him if he called Ow and asked her not to come here for thanksgiving. He said,<P>"because we talked till 1:00 am yesterday and she was leving early by bus this morning so I coudln't."<P>I can't go through more hurt anymore. If he wanted her to come why can'T he say so? Instead, he pretended he agreed with me and even said that stuff I said made sense so he was gonna call her to tell not to come. <P>When I got upset he also said: "well, she has been planning this trip for a long time so I couldn'T just say no to her"<P>thank you very much! I totally crashed down so I punched him.. for all of the hurt he caused in the past he was lucky he got only a couple of them. in the past he said when I get violent it meant over. So I told him that what he said in the past, and so this means it's over.<P>I don't feel very well now.. because I threw the last card I had and I knew he wasn't any good for me still it hurts. I don't think he ever want to see me again, and right now I'm so messed up so I can't think of anything.<P>Meg<BR><p>[This message has been edited by MF (edited November 22, 2000).]

M
MF Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Venting time again!<P>(he never wore a wedding ring, because he said that it would bother him for playing)"I would wear a ring next time(when we get married--but WE HAVEN'T GOTTEN DIVORCED YET)"<P>"when we get divorced let's have a divorce party"<P>(after me telling him that I was tired of being lied)"I'm tired of you thinking I'm lying"<P>I hope this is my last post on this thread.. by remembering these things it stops me from moving on my life or focusing on myself..(but I don't know what happens [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com])<P>Meg

L
L
my personal favorite....... <BR>" cant i remain friends with her?"

L
L
dammit wrong thread sorry MF

L
L
I have to say this is a funny post!! First time I've laughed about the affair and how dumb they can sound!<P>My favorite from my WS:<P> - When she told me how how depressed she got when football season was over, I just fell for her!<P>Others:<P> - I care about you a lot, but more like a friend.<BR> - I never had those feelings of romantic love that I had for her with you.<BR> - We used condoms every time (only to find out it was only to catch the cum and not for safe sex...unprotected prior to the big moment!)<BR> - When I found condoms in my nightstand a week after d-day and asked why he put them there, he said "I thought we might need them some day" (Like sex with him was even on my list or that I wanted to use condoms that he had bought for her!!) What a jerk. I flushed them.<BR> - She has a beautiful voice, and oh, what a smile.<BR>

L
L
Meg, <P>What happens next is for you only...<P>And you stop wasting your life on the academy award winner for Jerk of the Year!<P>You go, Girl!<P>Inside joke: And maybe, like Julia Roberts (F/G), you'll have that space in your life open for your "Benjamin Bratt". Who knows?!<P>Go onto better things now.<P>Aloha,<P>L

M
MF Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Leaninglife,<P>I'm glad this post brought you some laughs. We all need to laugh at things at the end, huh? I don't know your story, but hope you are doing fine. I think since you know how to laugh I'm not worried too much [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].<P>Leilana!<P>I posted this web addy on in recovery section, so my posts here are all old. Yes I was wasting my time writing these things last year, but I needed it [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. And now these posts make some people laugh so it's good I think [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]!<BR>I'm writing you an e-mail tonight [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>ok, time for more important stuff than posting about my stbx.. like CLEANING [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com])<P>Hugs,<P>Meg

L
L
My bad! So confused! Did not realize the dates were old! My bad!<P>Glad you're doing ok. Will eagerly look forward to your email.<P>Aloha,<P>L

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 355 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation