Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#892606 11/08/00 01:54 AM
K
K
Liberal media?! I know you are joking right. Some of that right wing propaganda. Since the vast majority of media are owned by corporations run by old white guys (sorry any old white guys out there) the liberal media label is really laughable. The bottom line with the media is money. And which is traditional party of big business? I work for one of the major TV networks so I have seen it from the inside. <P>My favorite Bush story is when he was asked whether he was dyslexic. He replied that No he never had problems with his stomach.

#892607 11/07/00 02:21 PM
T
T
Bush is an idiot. did anyone hear his statement "do they think Social Security is some kind of federal program?"<P>Uh...Yeah! I think it is!<P>Do you want someone that clueless to be president?<P>If Bush wins, I'll be reprinting those bumper stickers from the Nixon election that say "Don't blame me, I'm from Massachusetts". <P>Gore's got problems, too, but at least he has a clue. He seems to know what the issues are. His answers in the debates reflected a detailed knowledge of his proposals and those that Bush is behind. Bush sounded like he didn't know any of the facts.<P>The 3rd party guys - I just haven't found one I like any better than Gore, so to prevent the moron from getting into office, my vote goes to Gore.<P>Did anyone see the commercial with the donkey and the elephant?<P>Elephant: "My Dad and I wear the same pants"<BR>Donkey: "I invented pants"<P>The funniest commercial I've seen in a while. It really paiints both candidates as the idiots they are.

#892608 11/07/00 02:41 PM
C
C
I havn't posted on the forum for months--just<BR>lurking on occassion--but I want to put my 2 cents worth in.<P>I am a Republican. My son-in-law is a Republican politition, and a very good one as far as I am concerned. Mostly because he believes that his job is to serve, not be served (and just in case he forgets, my daughter and I remind him of it once in awhile.) Naturally I voted for Bush....I have no reason to cross party lines.<P>I believe that it is the sworn duty of any elected official--president or otherwise--to uphold our constitution first and formost.<BR>And our constitution quarantees every man, woman or child in this country the right to<BR>life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness etc. and etc.<P>But then here comes the clincher. Human beings have this strange knack of being able to justify almost anything they want to do.<BR>Just as we all here know how well a WS is able to justify adultery (emotional or otherwise) we are able to somehow justify denying the right to life or liberty if it suits our purposes. <P>Years ago we justified slavery by claiming that people of color were not human, therefore our constitution did not apply to them. No doubt we also justified our treatment of the American Indians the same way. We all here know just how insanely rediculas those justifications are, just as justification for adultery is insanely rediculas. I'm sure the Germans and Hitler were also able to somehow justify the extermination of millions of Jews during the Holocost. In fact, if I have my facts straight, I believe that the justification for that was that the Jews were not human. <BR>Some of us even go so far as to claim that God led us or that we are serving God in some way or another. That's typical of our human nature.<P>So what does this have to do with why I vote Republican? Simply this: today we justify denying unborn baby's the right to life the exact same way that all injustice and all things evil are justified...THEY ARE NOT HUMAN. So when did God give us the right to decide what is and what is not human and when it is human?<P>Our constitution quarantee's every man, woman, and child the right to life--that <BR>includes children yet to be born as well as children who are fortunate enough to have lived past the slaughter of innocent unborn babys. <P>CJ<P> <P>------------------<BR>Psalm 42<p>[This message has been edited by CJB80 (edited November 07, 2000).]

#892609 11/07/00 03:44 PM
C
C
Hey Kalgrl...nice to see another member of the media here.<P>I crack up every time I hear "liberal media conspiracy." I don't know about you, but I'm a card carrying member! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>So what dept are you in...production, sales, news? I'm a production director...spending my day dubbing spots for...tv!

#892610 11/07/00 04:17 PM
L
L
Dubuya [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#892611 11/07/00 04:25 PM
K
K
Hey cjack I work in Production Finance/Accounting. The "liberal media" I never got that. Maybe in the 1960/70's. But like I said it's all about money and keeping shareholders happy. Creativity, the well being of their employees does not matter anymore. Oh well getting off the subject.<P>Gotta go vote!

#892612 11/07/00 05:23 PM
W
W
Hey media friends....not for nothin and I am certain you are open minded as the next person...but...why even try to deny the liberal slant portrayed in the media? I'm not saying that you are a flamming liberal...I make no bones about my conservatism...It is who and what I am...I just don't don't understand how you can deny the fact that the media (print and TV) are liberal minded as hell....or am I the one that is blind and in denial??<P><BR>BTW...I pressed the button for Bush.<P>You know I was thinking about all those quotes...If I had to make a billion speeches a day I'd probably make a few errors too! However I still think Gore is a pathological liar as was Bubba.<P>I'll restate my Polital Science profeesor friend agian.... <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>If you're not Liberal at 20 you have no heart, and if you're not conservative at 40 you have no mind.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Sorry guys just MHO!<P>Can we still be friends?<P>Bill<P>oops...I hope my typos didn't make me sound too harsh.<p>[This message has been edited by WilliamJ (edited November 07, 2000).]

#892613 11/07/00 06:01 PM
K
K
Political views are entirely subjective. You are seeing things thru your own conservative pov. Very simple. Sorry can't be friends with NRA members it's against my religion. <P>Hey Truthseeker yeah I saw that commercial. It was great!<BR>Y[This message has been edited by KalGrl (edited November 07, 2000).]<p>[This message has been edited by KalGrl (edited November 07, 2000).]

#892614 11/07/00 06:24 PM
W
W
Oh...can't be friends with an NRA member?<BR>What religion is that...and show me one instance where the NRA hurt Americans?<P>BTW...I'm friends with pro choicers, and that goes against my religion.<P>Since we're all seemingly intelligent adults, can we agree to disagree?<P>You know this topic is as bad if not worse than religion...We all have our own POV...As I said before that's what makes America so great!<P>Well I need to go press some bullets for my guns [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Bill

#892615 11/07/00 06:44 PM
J
J
Dr. Harley for President!! Just kidding....<P>My my, didn't know some of us were so thinned skinned [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I love all of you anyway! Bill, my friend, I voted for Gore, but ofcourse we still can be friends. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I actually don't dislike Bush though either.<P>I don't affiliate myself with either party, however I guess I can see why they seperated church from state (oh no, maybe I'm starting another debate,lol). Oh, by the way, no I don't believe in abortion, homosexual relationships and all those other sensitive issues. However, people are gonna do what the hell they want and neither Gore or Bush will stop them. <BR> <BR>And if I wasn't a cop, I'd still own a gun. Just can't take it to the delivery room with me this month, or I'll be on the other side of the bars...<P><BR>------------------<BR><B>Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...Courage to change the things I can...And the wisdom to know the difference.</B><P>lady_divine77@yahoo.com<p>[This message has been edited by jamie-lee (edited November 07, 2000).]

#892616 11/07/00 06:49 PM
C
C
I think Kalgrl hit pretty close to the mark on one thing: Your own views tend to cloud the way you see things. For myself, my cynicsm makes me suspicious of BOTH parties.<P>I think some media lean liberal (newspapers), some media are heavily right-wing (talk radio, anyone?), and some are a mixed bag, just check out the political section of your local magazine rack. I don't know if I'd pin a liberal bias on all media. The tv networks, like she said, are for whatever will make them more money.<P>One of my favorite talk shows is no longer on the air. Pat Buchanan, whose views I strongly disagree with, hosted a radio show much like "Crossfire." He would have liberal guests, while he held up the conservative side. The great thing is that he actually let the other side talk and respectfully disagreed with them. At least Pat acknowledged that there are other views that are equally valid.<P>As for the NRA, boy, we're opening up ALL the cans of worms, aren't we?!<P>I remember getting the NRA magazines at the house (dad was a member), and I thought that they were a great organization dedicated to promoting gun safety and responsible firearm ownership. Nowadays it seems like they're just another band of Washington lobbyists trying to get their cronies elected. I mean, for the past couple of years they've been running anti-Clinton ads and he's not even eligible for re-election! I think if they would spend a little less money of Heston's tv ads and more on education, they'd get a whole lot farther. <P>Friends? Sure. I don't pick my friends based on party affiliation. Some of my best friends are Dittoheads...I can forgive them!

#892617 11/07/00 07:27 PM
W
W
Glad to see we're still friends,cjack...<P>I got to stop comming to this thread. LOL<P>I love the debate, however it is getting my blood pressure up. LOL<P>I generaly don't wear my views on my shoulder like I have done here...but once the floodgate opened....well....<P>Anyhow, it has been a spirited albeit a bit frustrating debate...I will now put my views on politics to rest and get back to shareing my experience, my strength and hope on infidelity.<P>Hey Kalgirl, we may not on agree, but I still love ya. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Bill

#892618 11/07/00 07:31 PM
T
T
Rather than retype all of this, thought I would just paste my sentiments from an email I sent to a neighbor in response to her allegation that Bush will not fight for women's issues.....obviously I voted for George W. and I'm proud of it:<P><BR>You say he "will not fight for women's issues" - I disagree. I say<BR>> > > he<BR>> > > won't fight for liberal issues.<BR>> > ><BR>> > > I am, after all, a woman and he is the one fighting for the issues<BR>> > > that I<BR>> > > care about.....<BR>> > ><BR>> > > such as:<BR>> > ><BR>> > > 1. Protecting my constitutional freedom to defend my family (yes with<BR>> > > guns)<BR>> > > in the event that my home is invaded by a criminal looking to hurt my<BR>> > > family<BR>> > > with a gun that he has obtained ILLEGALLY.<BR>> > ><BR>> > > 2. He supports marriage - and opposes taxing my spouse and I for<BR>> > > being<BR>> > > married<BR>> > ><BR>> > > 3. He supports MY decision to stay home and raise my own children -<BR>> > > instead<BR>> > > of penalizing me for it.<BR>> > ><BR>> > > 4. He supports MY desire to be able to choose the best school for my<BR>> > > children by support school vouchers.<BR>> > ><BR>> > > 5. He supports MY desire to have more say in my financial security<BR>> > > after<BR>> > > retirement instead of Gore's crap shoot philosophy<BR>> > ><BR>> > > 6. He supports MY desire to do away with partial birth abortions,<BR>> > > whereby a<BR>> > > completely formed child is murdered instead of put up for adoption<BR>> > ><BR>> > > 7. He supports adoption by offering adoption tax credits<BR>> > ><BR>> > > 8. He supports MY desire to increase defense spending in order to<BR>> > > adequately protect our great country and provide for those who bravely<BR>> > > serve<BR>> > > it.<BR>> > ><BR>> > > 9. He fights for my desire to get big government off our backs.<BR>> > ><BR>> > > 10. He fights for bringing back morality, integrity and good sound<BR>> > > values.<BR>> > ><BR>> > > If all of these things make me a gun-toting, right wing, religious<BR>> > > zealot -<BR>> > > then I guess support for Gore would indicate that a person is an<BR>> > > unarmed,<BR>> > > left-wing atheist.....now, does that seem fair? I think supporting<BR>> > > Bush<BR>> > > just makes me a good person.<BR>> > ><BR>

#892619 11/07/00 08:00 PM
T
T
Bush. I come from a family with a srong hunting background and Gore's stance on gun control is out of control!!!!!

#892620 11/07/00 08:22 PM
L
L
Hi guys,<BR> Have been following this thread, reading all the pasionate opinions, all the different viewpoints, the biases, the liberals, the conservatives, the moderates, and I think*********<BR>YEAH BABY!!!!!! This is what this country is all about!!!!! We live in a country where this type of discussion can occur!!!!<BR> My opinion RE the second ammendment, its purpose is not so much that we can protect ourselves from each other, but from an opressive government><P> God bless you, and America,<P>------------------<BR><P>Gregg

#892621 11/08/00 04:11 AM
C
C
It's a mute point now, I voted for G.W.<P>CT

#892622 11/08/00 10:44 AM
S
S
Anyone still here?<P>I finally gave up and went to bed last night. The first thing I heard this morning that it is still undecided thanks to us in Florida...We can't count, but pleeease media, don't blame the computers...

#892623 11/08/00 11:02 AM
T
T
I think it would be interesting to see what would happen if the recount came out to be a tie. Would they hold another election in that state? Would people vote differently? Would more voters turn out knowing how much their vote counts?

#892624 11/08/00 11:06 AM
S
S
Would I change my vote since Harry can't win anyway?<P>Would we have to put up with 2 to 3 months of these guys on our front lawn campaigninig till the last minute, petting our kids?<P>I would then vote for them just to get them to go away! They are saying a judge could order a revote in 60 to 90 days.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 583 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation