Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#893657 11/16/00 08:44 PM
S
sing Offline OP
OP Offline
S
After reading the theards, I am just wondering how many OP are co-workers?<P>my WS OP is a co-worker

F
F
XOW was an office temp at H's office. The affair started afew weeks after she was let go and went to work somewhere else. Guess he wanted to stay "professional" while she worked there. Gag.

O
O
My wife's OM is a co-worker.

S
S
My H's OP was also a co-worker but she quit just before our baby was born. She couldn't take people at the office talking about our son.

L
L
Count my H and OW in as coworkers.<BR>He even bought her walkie talkies so they could be in constant contact for valentines Day.<BR>Lora

D
D
My W's Om (no capital letter "m" when talking about such losers) is a younger, single coworker.

H
H
W's ex-(I hope)OM is a younger, divorced co-worker. In fact they are on the same team. Just her and him working for her boss.<P>--DeWayne--

S
SKM Offline
S
The OM was not a co-worker, but someone I met on the way to work. He was younger than me and not married.

M
mkn Offline
M
My STBXW and her boyfriend are co-workers...

H
H
H and OW are co workers. He is her supervisor.....

A
A
H and OW#2 are co-workers and have been for 20+ years...she following him to whatever business he moved to.<P>She became his confidant after affair #1...and I was stupid enough to believe, well fool myself really, that it wouldn't turn in to anything. In the back of my mind I knew. They have now progressed to a sexual relationship...and I am done.<P>I knew every step he took before he took it. I warned him and warned him that when a man and a woman, having diffucult relationships, turn to each other that it almost always becomes physical. <P>allison

B
B
Yo. Over here. OW a former staff member in my H's office. Now she works at a company that he left, and he plays basketball there on Saturdays. Possible contact if she goes in on weekends. I dont' ask.<P>Workplaces are breeding grounds for EMA's.<BR><P>------------------<BR>Belle, Domestic Goddess

T
T
Yep, my H's XOW was a coworker that he, himself hired after she was tearful during the interview.....I remember thinking, "How unprofessional" on the day he told me that....little did I know how unprofessional, indeed, their relationship would become.<P>I agree that the workplace is a breeding ground for this - after all, they are spending more time together than with their own spouses - and they relate in a bubble - always look their best, act their best...etc. What is the solution? All male offices, all female offices?/// I know that is unrealistic but it sure would make me feel better [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Anne

C
C
Yup, my H's XOW was somebody he worked graveyard shift with at a fish processing plant through a temp agency. I soon found out that the rotten tuna stench he brought in after work wasn't just fish...(disgusting, I know.)<P>------------------<BR>Marriage resembles a pair of shears,<BR>So joined that they cannot be separated; <BR>Often moving in opposite directions, <BR>Yet always punishing anyone who comes between them!<P>--Sydney Smith

B
B
Oh my, Carolina Belle. Funny. Gross stuff always is.<BR><P>------------------<BR>Belle, Domestic Goddess

H
H
W's OM is co-worker (of her's). He's married too. (Yeah, this relationship had a lot going for it...)

R
RWD Offline
R
My x and om were co workers too, but in different depts. I heard that lot of people just hung out in their dept on the afternoon shift and they just got to talking.<P>Om has since been fired and x quit although works there 1 day week. She now travels 20 miles to work each day after 6 yrs of traveling a mile. <P>Not sure if om is working or not. Don't care that is their problem.

A
A
Count me in, too. H's OW (#2)is co-worker, he was her boss till recently. She was transferred 2 weeks ago in another dept (also another location, opposite town area), so I'm still waiting to see if this would help. <P>Three years ago, OW #1 was also a co-worker, worked in other dept., but that was far more innocent than this relationship with OW#2. Probably because she already had a child (widow at her 30) and single (never married) guy interested in her. She now has baby with him, H had no contact with her at all since he decided to work on our marriage (successfully, at that time). But we have co-worker #2 at the agenda now. ARGHHHHH!

D
D
H and OW work on same team, sit right across from each other and need to communicate daily. I hate it! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

S
S
Count us in on this one. Hubby's EX OW was coworker as well. She worked on him for over two years and became his confidant. Finally she got what she wanted. Funny thing is they knew each other as young teens, were only acquaintances and she had a crush on him then. He never gave her any thought all those years ago.<P>Flash forward nearly thirty years later and she got to have her unrequited love returned. Too bad for all concerned her fantasy, became a harsh reality for each and every one of us.<P>I never knew she even existed prior to D-day! It was a secret friendship first, turned lover later. Between 4 and 5 years total.<P>Confiding to members of opposite sex, especially coworker is asking for tons of trouble and pain. If any of us took that much effort and communicated to our spouses about how we feel, peacefully and without making disrespectful judgements. Our marriages would not be or have gone through what they did.<P>Sorry I got winded again. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] So what else is new?? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> <P>------------------<BR><B>God bless you and all of us. We are all going to make it, all of us! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] With God on our side we can't lose! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] What God has joined together let no man put asunder. <P>Samantha</B><p>[This message has been edited by A blessed Samantha (edited November 28, 2000).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 700 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation