Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 303
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 303
Ok so I have gone to "forced" Plan B. And I am doing OK. Very tired. Organising myself to move out this w/end. Busy like crazy at work. Anyway tonight I rang a friend to tell her i would not be coming to her party this saturday. Simply told her H. and I had separated. She was amazed, distressed, ask a lot of questions, was trying to be helpful. I didnt want to be rude but didnt want to go over it with her, Soon after her H rang me - he is a good friend of H's and insists he is going to talk to him. By now they both know their is an OW. Friends H even knows her - and burst out laughing when I told him her name - says my H is a fool, having a mid life crisis (in mid 50s?), tells me to wait, he will come out of it etc. They dont know this saga has dragged on for two years. H will be furious when he is contacted about this. Oh well, I guess they have to manage that exchange, <P>Anyway, i dont feel I handled the telling very well. Any advice on what to say? I tried to be matter of fact, tried to be appreciative of their support and concern but feel I might have escalated the whole thing right and put it into the public arena.<P>R

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,900
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,900
Well you can't go on protecting him forever. I try to protect my WS & in the process I think I lost most of my friends. I had one of my closest friends tell me they were offended that I stop coming to them, I almost laughed, they did not try & see us/me, all contact was when I hunted them down. Oh well, you lose some, you win some.<P>Prayers being sent your way.

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 183
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 183
Rosebrook,<P>Don't worry if your friends say something to your H. This is a normal consequence to a seperation. I think a part of coming out of the fog is finding that the world is not going to pat you on the back for leaving your spouse for another person. <P>There are consequences we all have to face for our actions in life. This is one your husband is going to have to face, and it's not your job to protect him. Right now you have to protect yourself.


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 472 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0