Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
MF Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi there,<BR>I'm in a weird mood and just wondering what are you guys going to get your spouse for Christmas.. Also how are you going to spend christmas eve/day?<P>Me, first I'm not getting ANYTHING for my H.. I'm buying myself some gifts(well doesn't have to be Christmas to buy me gifts..). I already bought many christmas gifts for me and this weekend I'm taking a trip(another christmas gift [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]).<P>As for the party, every year my H's one of sisters have a party, but of course I'm not going(I didn't like going there before this mess happened anyway), and 2 of my friends invited me, one lives in Toronto and she offered me a place to stay.<BR>But I think I'm going to pass. I will make a nice cake and stay at home.. watching tv, and next day I go to a boxing day sale(tradition in Canada.. we have big sales on Dec. 26)!<P>Meg<p>[This message has been edited by MF (edited December 06, 2000).]

I
I
Well, sounds like you are having a good time thinking of the holidays! And...treating yourself good [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I really havent thought about what Im getting H for xmas. I know what I would like to get him..that would be a cowboy hat. We are not country at all and come from the cities. But, we are in small towns now and country is all around us. He wore my Dads once as a joke and he looked just like Garth Brooks. I think my H would look Sooooo Sexy in one! <BR>Reality....undies and socks! lol<BR>and some nice cologne.<P>As for the holidays. My H is a cop and has miraculously gotten xmas weekend off. We will be making a trip out of state to see his family. His Grampa is not feeling all that well. And H hasnt seen them all in a long time. As for me, I get along with the MIL, but, some of the others will be a little unbearable. <P>Im also planning on shopping on 26th. The older I get, the more important sales are to me! haha<P>Merry Christmas all....hope you all find peace and joy!<P>ILAC

O
O
<p>[ January 09, 2002: Message edited by: OffOnOnOff ]</p>

R
R
OK, I broke tradition and I got my wife a "car safety kit", with over 100 items inside, and free roadside assistance. Since I'm in Plan A, I figure I'm sticking with buying something. Not a very normal gift, but something that could be useful.<P>By the way, just curious Meg, I'm from Ottawa area, are you from Ontario as well?<P>Christmas Eve and Christmas morning are at my house, then WS wife wants Xmas dinner at her house. Whatever. She wants the kids to get used to her house as a home.<p>[This message has been edited by Rick37 (edited December 06, 2000).]

A
A
Well, we are travelling to the East Coast to visit H's family in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, so we spent too much money already! I'll buy my H some hot lingerie - for ME! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

A
A
A couple of weeks ago my H and I came across a great sale on watches. Even on sale they were still kinda pricey. We wanted them really bad so we got them and justified the purchase by saying they could be early Christmas gifts to each other [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>The kids will be getting him a new pair of Nikes, his old ones are falling apart!!!<P>On Christmas Eve we always have dinner and exchange gifts and on Christmas Day we are taking the kids to see "The Grinch" movie.<P>Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!

H
H
I got my wife a black leather jacket. She's been "hinting" for a while about wanting one. I figure that and maybe some flowers and a love note might do the trick. I've learned the hard way this year how important it is to try and meet her EN's. I'm just trying to keep that in mind.

R
R
Zip, Nada, Nothing, what the little boy shot at .... absolutely positively NOTHING. That's what I'm getting Mr. Schmuck for Christmas.<P>Okay, I lied ... I'm saying prayers for him but that's it! And at the end of my prayers I always ask the Lord to please make my H really Big and Fat .. he's so awfully vain regarding his appearance ... every little bit helps! LOL !<P>Love,<BR>Jo

S
S
MF,<P>I am getting my H some craftsman toolset that he has been talking about. He will probably go to the store before me and put in on hold so I won't buy the wrong one. Mr. Toolman. And I want to buy him a new cologne. His old one is played out, if you get me. Any suggestions?<P>Sil

T
T
Can't afford to get my H a present....<BR><B>Brain transplants</B> are just out of my <BR>budget!!!! Sorry couldn't help myself....LOL LOL LOL

S
S
Due to the joyful fact that my H and I are in recovery, we are giving each other our time and attention!!! We are taking a trip without the children to renew our spirits and continue to strenthen our love and commitment for each other. We have realized that the greatest gift is the giving of ourselves to each other.<P>Sorry to sound so sappy, but nothing else could have brought me more joy for Christmas.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 777 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation