Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#895960 12/10/00 05:49 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Well, this is D-day #3.<P>It was a mixed bag last night. We went out, had fun, talked about "things" pleasantly.<P>I told him how it bothers me that when I can't reach him, my first conclusion is that he is with OW. (nicely, and I think I didn't LB on that one)<P>H tells me that is unfounded, and I shouldn't worry about it. <P>Things got a little "friendly" last night, and I noticed hickey/bite/bruises on his shoulder that I KNOW I didn't give him...<P>After we "did the deed" I KNOW this is one of his ENs that I can meet, when he'll let me, I confronted him...nicely...he says that after about a month of not "seeing" (I couldn't ask if it was literal, or just not PA) it didn't seem to make a difference, so he decided to go back to a PA w/OW.<P>He says he's not addicted...he just doesn't want to not see her. (like when we used to smoke, I'm not addicted, I just don't wanna quit)<P>I think I managed not to LB, but it was hard...<P>He was gone by the time I woke up today...Can't get in touch w/him. <P>I am confused again...I think this is positive, but I just hurt so bad, I hope I am not making things up to feel better.<P>BD

#895961 12/10/00 11:38 PM
S
S
No advice just wanted you to know someone was thinking/praying for you.<P>Wouldn't it be nice if we could send all the OP somewhere, but the problem is most our WS are some other BS OP. What confusion, what a mess, so is life.

#895962 12/11/00 07:46 AM
B
OP Offline
B
By the way?? What do YOU mean when you say I want you to be completely honest with me??<P>I ask this because, during the earlier conversation I had with WS, He told me that my worring if he was with the OW was unfounded... then when I ask him about the marks on his neck... he asks me how honest I want him to be??<P><BR>GOOD LORD!!!!<P>What do you think??? <P>I just want to beat my head on the wall. Am I just being stupid here? I want to save this marriage if it is possible, but I don't want to be a door mat either.<P>BD<P>I appreciate how much support you all give...I know I have been whining a lot in the few days that I have been here, but the few people I can talk to just don't understand...And I would be taking it out on H either by punishing him, or pressuring him.<P>I never thought that this would be so hard.<P>bd

#895963 12/11/00 11:52 AM
L
LAD Offline
L
BDs, I just wanted to say that I think a spouses (our) reaction to honesty predicts how much will be forthcoming. Since I can remain calm and reassuring, H has opened up more. <BR>I am afraid there is more honesty coming; though it has been an EA all along, sometimes I fear that real honesty will cross over to reveal a PA. It hurts to write that. <BR>I told H I was so sorry that he went through the mental anguish when he was withdrawing from me (and going to lunches with OW) I try not to bring her into anything I say, but it is implied. This is easier for him as well.<BR> <BR>We have another appt with counselor Wed, and I had said I was ready to stop going, but last nights discussion brought a catch in H voice when he was talking about the guilt he felt, so I may need more counsel after we talk about that some more. <BR>BDs, with the evidence of continued PA have you thought about Plan B? It is a drastic step, but your H is very happy to have his cake and eat it too. Please be safe during this time, don't forget about STD's. <BR>Are you counseling? It really helps in the long run. My H now sees how he was and doesn't want to go there again. I see big changes in him, back to the man (boy)I loved and married many years ago. <BR>take care, L

#895964 12/12/00 03:15 PM
W
W
Dear Blue days,<P>I had WS tested for all STDs against his wishes but he did. My world just shattered around me, it might as well all happen at once and I braced myself - negative.<P>Please try counselling - individual as well as joint. I think your WS is what this site will say 'undergoing withdrawal and talking through a fog'.<P>I am no expert at Plan A post-A because I planned A (didn't know the term before) throughout the marriage so I couldn't be my normal self anymore. Reading the posts here, I get the Plan A/B concepts. Plan A so that WS knows how you potentially are and should last not more than 6 months or before the love threatens to die forever. This is to let WS know what s/he stands to lose and if there is no repentance, move over to Plan B.<P>I think your H is at the moment a cakeman, and it is very disrespectful that he is continuing to do what he does. But some of them here have survived that. I hope they will post to you about their cases.<P>I am sorry that I cannot strongly recommend something that I am not capable of executing myself, but I can say that pray and God can help to put up hedges of protection around your H and the marriage so that any third party will not be able to get to your H and vice versa.<P>God bless you<BR>take care<BR>from weep<P>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 697 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation