Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
My H is due home this afternoon (flight was cancelled yesterday) and I'm starting to come unglued.<P>I'm absolutely terrified about what's going to happen when he walks in the door. I thought I would be able to handle it, but now I'm not so sure. If he tells me he wants a divorce I'll fall apart. I love him so much - I just wish it didn't take what happened to make me realize it.<P>Any advice??<BR>

W
W
Susie - Be strong. Take some deep breaths and face him with the strengh you now have that you know you've recognized your errors. The truth will set you free.<P>Know that we are pulling for you both and at the first opportunity, send him here to talk to us.<P>WAT

O
O
As a BS, the best advice I can give you, is to make this homecoming ABOUT HIM.<P>Acknowledge his pain. Acknowledge his needs. Acknowledge his right to feel anger. Acknowlegde his confusion.<P>Ask what HE NEEDS to feel better.<P>And then, AFTER you've discussed what he needs, gently explain what you want for the TWO of you...what direction you want to move in. Explain what YOU NEED.<P>Agree to MEET EACH OTHER'S NEEDS. Together. MUTUALLY AGREE TO STOP HURTING EACH OTHER. MUTUALLY AGREE TO GIVE EACH OTHER WHAT YOU BOTH NEED.<P>Agree to love...now and forever...like you did in the beginning.<P>Peace to you and your H! ~Marie<P>------------------<BR>"If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars." ~unknown

P
P
Susie,<P>I know how you feel. Try not to have any expectations. I know that is hard. As a matter of fact my husband and I were discussing this same thing this morning.<P>My H wants to know how I came to realize that I wanted him and not the OM. He thinks it as unfair that since I now want the relationship to work, it places an unfair burden on him. Sorry to sound so bleak. But, it is reality. <P>I do love my husband, and I realize that I do want my marriage to work, but I have to accept the reality that what I have done causes marriages to end, and I pray mine doesn't. Too bad I didn't think about this before.<P>It has been 4 months since d-day, and some days are good, some are bad. It is hard. Very hard. Don't expect that your H will be willing to do the Harley principle right off the bat. Like I said, its been 4 months, and my H still struggles with it. Not to say that we aren't working through it, however, there is still plenty of Love busting happening on both sides.<P>Good Luck<BR>PJ<BR>

D
D
Susie<P>Just wondering if you read my response to your other post and if you did, did it mean anything to you?<P>Just wondering......<P>[censored] from Texas

W
W
Susie - please give us an update after he gets home and you have a minute.<P>WAT

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 143 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation