Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#897859 01/03/01 06:43 PM
M
MF Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi,<BR>Do you remember a while ago you ended up analyzing many posters here from their birthdays? I was one of the buggers [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com], but you didn't want to tell me what was there about me and my H because it was so bad.<BR>Now I need it.<P>We are heading for divorce, well actually my H worked on the papers but it was no good. since we don't make that much money we can't hire a lawyer for it. so right now I'm waiting for my neighbor to help me out.<P>Since he moved out I was doing much much better than before, got 2 jobs, started to pay back my school loan, managed to save some money, paying all of the bills(before, when my H was with me here he had really hard time doing so). I have good friends, I even traveled alot this year.<P>But I still have a hard time letting go. It's been 8 months since he moved out he hasn't changed and he is totally unhappy(but stick to OW), and earlier of this stage I alreday gave up on him. But it's very hard for me to let him go(even if we don't talk that often). So I come up with reasons why H isn't good for me(my friedns help me on this one [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]), and I have so many reasons but it's still hard. So if you can analyze about us again and tell me the whole thing, maybe it will help me to forget about him.<P>My H: April 18, 62<BR>Me: Jan. 5, 68<P>I really appreciate it..<BR>Thanks,<P>Meg

#897860 01/04/01 09:24 PM
L
L
Happy Birthday, Meg!<P>Honey, I'm so sorry. I make it policy not to give discouraging profiles to people still married. I tried to warn you as gently as I could. Thank you for your honesty about not yet being quite divorced.<P>Please don't ask this of me! Believe what your friends tell you. <P>But if they can't convince you with all of their observations and evidence, and if your H is still with OW -- how do you expect me to?<P>Call me when you're divorced and I'll give you all the validation you want! I promise. But I just can't bear the responsibility of being one who places the last straw on the camel's back that causes a married couple to divorce. It's just not ethical.<P>My only other policy is not telling someone what characters they would be more compatible with. But to look me up if they ever end up divorced.<P>Forgive me?<P>L

#897861 01/07/01 07:40 PM
M
MF Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Leilana,<P>I don't want to write a response to you on B&D's thread, so I will write here.<P>First, thanks for doing things against your policy I really appreciate that.. but I laughed when I realized we were the worst match! I just have to say wow!.. how often this happens I wonder...<P>Leilana, you know what? I'm more interested in the personal reading about me...so when you have time can you find out about me, please?<BR>It's good to know that I won't be alone for long, not like i'm looking for someone right now, but it's good to know [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].<P>I was feeling pretty down around NYE/NY..I'm not sure why.. I was pretty ok around Christmas time. But I'm back to myself again, and I have to stick to my decision, not to see my H for a long time.. He stirs my feelings and it's not good. <P>I'm taking an anger management course soon, because I became violent when I found out he was bringing OW for thanksgiving(not because of this, because he lied that he didn't want her to come, then he said he couldn't do anything it was too late.. blah blah blah). I talked to people who's in charge and she said they would give us a lot of homework, excise, teach us how we can work on ourselves, etc etc.. I'm looking forward to it.<P>I was excited when you mentioned that new year would be great for me.. anyway thank you so much...<P>Meg [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#897862 01/08/01 03:15 PM
L
L
Meg,<P>Whew!<P>Would be more than happy to give your your individual profile! You're on my priority list of things to do but unfortunately I have a lot of things at the top of that list! Give me a bit, ok?<P>Meanwhile, have a great class!<P>Aloha,<P>L<P>P.S. Here's the 2001, Year of the Snake (beginning in Jan 24 2001--till Feb 11th, 2002) for the Goat tidbit:<P>Fortune is on your side this year. No amount of pessimism or hesitation on your part can detract from the aura of protection you recieve from the Snake's benevolent influence. Snakes have a long history of providing care and comfort for those people they feel are less capable of confronting the world than they are. THey are also peculiarly drawn to those who create. This means you. Artists and writers, performers, poets and dancers appeal to the Snake's sense of aesthetics - and often encourage his financial support.<P>There is no real setback or misfortune in store for you Goats this year. You will be drowning in the passions of several simultaneous or sequential love affairs. By mid-year, in typical Goat fashion, you'll be grousing about how these affairs lack permanence and what's more you'll be itching to tie one of your delectable new conquests to your side for life. Follow the Snake's example - cool, even-handed persuasion.<P>Wow! Of course--you have control over the course of your own life. These are just "influences" for the year. If you take any stock in this kind of thing, act accordingly and watch out! Now, go prepare yourself!

#897863 01/08/01 10:02 PM
M
MF Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi Leilana,<BR>I just wanted to say thank you.. <BR>Also I forgot to mention this.. Thanks for making me count you as one of my 15 friends [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].<BR>Now I need to find 5 people who would die for me.. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>OK, time to get off your back [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Meg

#897864 01/09/01 04:08 AM
L
L
The same 5 that would die for me!<P>Jesus, a fireman, a policeman, a captain of a ship and (if we could afford one) a bodyguard. And then there are the thousands in the armed forces. <P>See!

#897865 01/12/01 08:50 PM
L
L
Meg,<P>On vacation next week. Will give you what you ask then, ok?<P>L

#897866 01/13/01 04:26 AM
M
MF Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Leilana,<P>First of all(ahem), YOU SHOULD BE SPENDING TIME WITH YOUR H DURING THE VACATION!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>You can do things for me when you have time, no rush.<P>And thanks for coming up with more than 5 people who would die for me [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Now I feel a lot better!!<P>Thanks for everything, and enjoy your vacation with your H, and think about me when you get bored! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Meg

#897867 01/14/01 02:43 PM
L
L
Meg,<P>Forgot to use my by bold type. <B>I'm</B> going to have 5 days off next week. My H may take off a day or two with me but I plan on being a domestic goddess for a few days. That is if my workplace doesn't call me back in. <P>But you are sweet to remind me of my marriage being top priority. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Believe me, if it wasn't--your profile and B & D's would have been done ages ago!<P>H is welding something on our jeep and that give me some "me" time. Decided to make our camping trip an overnite thing, went sightseeing, went to the beach, ate dinnner and watched a late video while cuddling on the sofa--yesterday. We're pretty much joined at the hip!<P>Just wish that giving profiles was my full time job--I'd love coming to work!<P>Leilana

#897868 01/16/01 08:38 PM
L
L
Meg,<P>Do you want me to do this here, on another thread or via your personal email? I'll do it in segments. First, something inoccuous.<P>You are a Capricorn/Fire/Goat. (A goat and goat!)<P>Let me know.<P>Aloha,<P>L<P>

#897869 01/16/01 09:05 PM
M
MF Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Leilana,<P>"Just wish that giving profiles was my full time job--I'd love coming to work!"<P>LOL... but you don't get paid for it!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>So how is your vacation going so far? Having fun? It's really great your H will join you and you two will have so much fun [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I'm doing pretty good although I don't post too much(well the last one I did was for the trying to move on's thread(but I wrote it to someone else there)..<BR>I haven't talked to my H for a while and I have peace right now. I sometimes think about him, but not about good memories we had(which I can't remember!), but about what he did/does. Then I always come to the point which is to think he is hopeless right now(maybe forever?? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]). then my thoughts move on to something fun [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. This year I'm planning to travel alot to see concerts, so right now I decided to work very hard till Summer. Thinking of selling stuff on ebay too.<BR>Leilana, thanks again for everything, and you can either post here or on a new thread, or you can e-mail me at mrslate@microtec.net<P>Hugs,<BR>Meg [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>

#897870 01/27/01 10:45 AM
M
MF Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi Leilana,<BR>How was your vacation with your H? I know it must have been great, but I haven't seen your post about it on in recovery forum(did I miss it?).. Let us know about it!!<P>Meg [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>

#897871 01/28/01 03:32 AM
L
L
MF,<P>It was great. But H only took off three days in my 7 off. No trips. We just did the normal things people do in paradise. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>But I never got the hours of free time I wanted. Once I got most of my errands done, my in-laws and friends found out I had vacation time, and that was that. It kind of got infringed upon. Oh well. The only thing I regret is not getting your profile to you. And then my work schedule changed so that my computer time is down to sporadic increments at best. And it literally takes me hours to type out profiles. But my schedule should improve a little shortly.<P>Right now I'm waiting to be called back to work--I might possibly have a laboring mom/patient. But wanted to check in with you!<P>Aloha,<P>L

#897872 01/29/01 09:05 PM
M
MF Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi Leilana,<P>It's good to know you enjoyed your vacation [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. AND it's good you didn't have time to post.. because it means you didn't get BORED [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]!!<P>Meg<BR>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 431 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation