Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Rick37 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Got an LB all gift wrapped with a big red bow (for I love you?) on it, just can't find my wife now to give it to her. Darn. One simple question "where are my skates", and she disappeared for the night! Was it that difficult?<P>I'm just having some fun now....this is all so nuts that I might as well laugh at it. You know how it is.<P>

P
P
OK...... I'll play.<P>Once you get your skates back ..... loosen a few important screws ....... so that the next time your skates are 'borrowed' you can enjoy it more!<P>Or ....... get some dogpoopie and make sure it's pushed waaay into the toe unseen.<P>How about a tack glued inside the toe?????<P>Sorry...... this is mean ~~~~~~~<P>------------------<BR>~*~*Yesterday~*~*<BR>all my problems seemed so far away~*

R
Rick37 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I laughed at the dogpoopie....and the tack isn't such a bad idea! I never liked the way they fit anyway, so maybe I should call him at work and ask if he wants to buy them.

S
S
Well, maybe she is off on the "GREAT SKATE HUNT", other wise know what can of story can she tell, well here is my version:<P>""Oh boy toy I need those skates back so H, won't know I let you have them, sorry I really didn't buy them for you, I sort of borrowed them, think son knows so I need a story quick to makeup, oh let me see Wat's wife has the bk on what to tell H's when we aren't lying but we don't won't to tell the truth. Think think think think, oh I have it now Larry honey, when I moved out some how your skates got in with my stuff, & boy toy just happened to borrow them, didn't think you mine, he being your size & all & it was so he could go skating with me & the kids, you do want them to like them don't you. What do you mean you don't & you wish he fall, the skates run over what part of his body,"<P>" What is this nice lovely box wrapped up here, is it for sweet little ole me, what have I ever done to deserve this?" [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]:<BR>

M
MF Offline
M
I know where your wife is..<BR>she's at OM's place right now and:<P>a: She's washing & waxing the skates so you will never ever think someone else used them.<P>or<P>b: She's banging her own feet to make them bigger so next time she brings you the skates she can tell you that she borrowed them for herself.<P>or maybe she will just come up with this excuse: "sorry honey, I just happened to put them in my suitcase and they just happened to be there when OM walked in... it's not my fault!"<p>[This message has been edited by MF (edited January 27, 2001).]

W
W
Rick - I like Sweetpea's idea. Symbolic of a sacrificial offering to the infidelity gods. Seriously, I think you've already made you point and she's just embarassed to face you? If she is maybe there's a few brain cells the aliens didn;t touch. Now's a good time to release some evidence? She might be on her heels about the skates, another revelation might zap her.<P>Dave

W
W
Although I'm sure to get a good scolding from K for this, I agree... Sweetpea's idea is tremendous.<P>Make sure and follow the bonfire up with a few sheets of paper for her to read after she comes back with the "I don't <B>have</B> a boyfriend!" line, too.<P>------------------<BR>Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die

R
R
Hi Rick,<P>This is really makng me mad. What in the world is she thinking, they're YOUR skates!<P>I think you should go out and buy yourself a brand new pair, then when she returns and hands you the old ones tell her no thanks, they're tainted (infidelity cooties) and you have new ones. This will be symbolic of how you could, if desired, move on with your life ... that you are strong and have value.<P>If my H took anything of mine and lent it to OW ... and I knew it, I don't know what I'd do with it. It's so uncaring, just disgusts me.<P>What a friggin FOG ... she surely is an alien right now, isn't she.<P>You're doing a great job, Rick. Been keeping up on your progress, getting lots of support from the heavy hitters. Keep it up, Hon.<P>Mucho Love,<BR>Jo<BR>

B
B
Rick,<BR>Amazing. . . I don't even know what to say.

E
E
To Sing:<BR>Thanks for the laugh on an otherwise yucky emotional rollercoaster weekend. Loved your<BR>version!!<BR>Jessica

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 218 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation