Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
hey guys, you have probably read my other post where it says about my hubby not wanting to have sex with me or kiss me or anything. I am at the point of just leaving him or having an affair or something. I am a very sexual person and i have to have sex at least once every two weeks, we havent done it in about two weeks. i know after all the problems we have had, he probably doesnt want me, but doesnt a man get horny even if they are not in love anymore? he is only 42yrs, and i know he gets horny, but i dont know maybe he gets it somewhere else. what suggestions do you have.

M
M
You can call me...it's been a while! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] JK,JK, There are many other options available to you. That's what my wife told me 2 months ago right before she moved down the hall to the spare bedroom.<BR>Mike<p>[This message has been edited by mbtrk (edited February 01, 2001).]

C
C
aamymail,<P> I don't think two wrongs make a right... You can talk to anyone on this board and they are all needy in some way.. This doesn't give anyone the RIGHT to have an affair. You have to decide if it's worth trying to make things work with your spouse and meet their needs and hopefully they will meet yours... If you can't hang then get divorced... An affair is never acceptable. Divorce is.... There are wonderful devices out there now called vibrators... Sorry to sound so harsh but most of us are sufferers of affairs and I personally can't believe you'd suggest this... Read the stories... See the pain they cause... You have two paths to chose from... You can divorce or you can work on your marriage... Just my thoughts... Crick

H
H
aamymail<BR>Crick is right, there are many ways to relieve sexual frustration. Not great maybe but much better then an A. I am unfamilar with your story but do know that most of us have been there at one time or another. Go Shopping. Jenni

S
S
Hey,<BR>how about calling me, it's been several months for me now!<BR>My W doesn't have any desires for anybody at the moment, and since the revelation of her affair, I think it's going to be a very long time.<BR>I am finding all this extremely hard.<BR>You're going to have to be very patient and finding alternative means of sexual self-fulfilment, I'm afraid.<BR>Nothing to be ashamed of. This seems to be one of the hard things many BS have to face.<P>But do not go off and do it with someone else!!!!!

R
R
Hey Aamymail!<P>Been there, Hon.<P>I too am a pretty .... ummm "healthy" female. <P>I would suggest you visit the local Love Pantry for an alternative. The up side to this is it's 100% safe sex. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Altho it never replaces the real thing. <P>Best,<BR>Jo

S
S
Crick, just curious, what do you base your comment about affairs never being acceptable, but divorce is? Just curious? I do know what the scripture says about divorce. Yes there is some biblical reasons for divorce. But if neither one of those situations is in the marriage, then I think divorce and affairs are equally wrong, sin is sin. Sometimes people have different reasons for committing the sin, I personally think divorce hurts the children more than a discreet affair.<P>UOTE]Originally posted by crick:<BR><B>aamymail,<P> I don't think two wrongs make a right... You can talk to anyone on this board and they are all needy in some way.. This doesn't give anyone the RIGHT to have an affair. You have to decide if it's worth trying to make things work with your spouse and meet their needs and hopefully they will meet yours... If you can't hang then get divorced... An affair is never acceptable. Divorce is.... There are wonderful devices out there now called vibrators... Sorry to sound so harsh but most of us are sufferers of affairs and I personally can't believe you'd suggest this... Read the stories... See the pain they cause... You have two paths to chose from... You can divorce or you can work on your marriage... Just my thoughts... Crick</B>[/QUOTE]<P>

C
C
shurley,<P> I base my opinion on a number of things. First if there is a problem in a marriage there are clearly two paths to go. Work on it or work on leaving it.. It is never acceptable to hurt someone with an affair... You have made a vow to be faithful and protect your spouse. I don't believe it is a good situation to bring children up in a marriage full of lies, deceit and thoughtlessness. I don't believe the bible would promote this kind of behavior. I'm not a particularly religious man. I believe in a higher power and I believe my job is to be the best person I can be... Hurting others is not what I would consider to be an acceptable alternative to divorce... I would much rather my children grow up knowing the meaning of Love, respect, honesty and integrity. An affair basically takes none of these values into account. They are based on lies and disrespect... I have and will give my WS every chance to change and become a better mother and wife... But if she can't my family will move on and look for someone who can show these values... Obviously everyone is different and entitled to their own opinions but this is mine... Crick

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation