Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 1998
Posts: 2,075
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 1998
Posts: 2,075
My husband had called me a week or so ago, didn't leave a message, and I did not call him back. Today he called me at work and left a message for me to call him back. I wasn't going to call him, but he then called while I was in the office and I did not want to involve any of my co-workers - so I spoke to him.<P>He wanted my SSN for his taxes (or so he said) and asked me about how I had filed in previous years online. <P>I explained it to him, and in doing so, mentioned that the only difficulty that I had ever had was in getting the online program to correctly handle my NYState retirement plan. He commented that he didn't have to worry about retirement, he didn't have any. My response was "Yeah, when you get old, you're going to be living in the street begging with a little tin cup."<P>His response was interesting: "I'll be living in the street with a tin cup pretty soon."<P>I didn't ask and he didn't elaborate. Naturally, however, my curiosity is up. Is he trying to tell me that it will cost him a lot of money to divorce me, move, go to school? All of the above? I guess I have to just let it go. If he is divorcing me, papers will be served soon enough. I don't really need to know ahead of time.<P>Just a tiny update from my corner of the world...<P>------------------<BR>terri<BR><B>Courage</B><P>Whatever course you decide upon,<BR>there is always someone to tell you<BR>that you are wrong.<P>There are always difficulties arising<BR>which tempt you to believe that your <BR>critics are right.<P>To map out a course of action <BR>and follow it to an end <BR>requires courage.<P><I>Ralph Waldo Emerson</I>

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,900
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,900
terri,<P>at least it won't be you on the street with the tin cup. <P>hate that you think you might get papers. do you think our WS do it to be cruel or they just don't have a clue?<P>just thinking about you.

Joined: Apr 1999
Posts: 5,798
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Apr 1999
Posts: 5,798
Maybe...things aren't so good living with the slug & her Mamaslug?<P>Always hopeful,<BR>Lor

Joined: Dec 1969
Posts: 6,937
K
K Offline
Member
K
Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 1969
Posts: 6,937
This is exactly the reason that I avoid panhandlers...<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 472 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0