Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Rick37 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
My wife called to talk to the kids. Lately when this happens we just say good bye as soon as the kids are done. She was all cheery and positive and asking me things. Stuff I said that would usually result in a negative tone from her was now a positive response. She asked how I was, how it was going, and then said "good, I'm glad you are well". My answer was actually "as good as good can be", but said nicely. I didn't say this in the latest conversation, but she said "I'm glad you are having fun".<P>What does sudden cheery stuff mean?<P>a) She got some.<BR>b) She's going to get some.<BR>c) She thinks it will work with OM<BR>d) He bought her flowers<BR>e) She forgot to be nasty<BR>f) She just returned from the washroom (sorry)<BR>g) She likes her new life.<BR>h) Things with OM were rocky and are now good again<BR>i) Nothing.<P>I'm voting for (i). Possibly (h).<P>

H
H
Rick37<P>I don't know all your situation but we seem to have similar WS's.<P>My H can be all nice and cheery and thoughtful, would you like some breakfast too? and then in an Instant, look at me straight in the face and say a bold face lie to me and be on his way. Are people like this psychopaths? Does all this lying eat them up inside. Or does he think I am that stupid that I buy everything he says, I know he knows I am not that stupid and do not believe ONE thing that comes out of his mouth. <P>Maybe she is getting some or just got some. I don't know. I haven't had any since Sept.<P>Hopelessmom

S
S
Hey if we knew the answer to that Question we all be rich.<P>After dealing with my teenage son lately, & reading about WS, I see this correlation all WS are TEENAGERS they make no sense, there is no logic, WS act just like my teenage son, except he is nicer & is just trying his wings<BR>

G
G
Rick,<BR>I mostly just wanted to drop in and say hi. I have been out of comission lately. I went very Dark.. Basically plan B all the way. Have not had contact with H in 2 months.<P>Anyhow I agree with Sing. WS make no sense. Still cannot figure out how my H after 13 years is just content with never speaking to me again. Considering he never thought he could live without me... <P>Your guess is as good as mine. I know my H was extremely nice to me when OW was around. Makes him look like a real hero.... Whatever.<P>Diana

O
O
<p>[ January 09, 2002: Message edited by: OffOnOnOff ]</p>

W
W
Rick - I'll choose door number three - a round trip ticket to La La land where nothing matters and all your responsibilities suddenly seem trivial compared with your new found reason for living. You can check in, but when you checkout, you'll wish you hadn't come.<P>Dave

S
S
Rick, I used to be nice to my H after I'd been particularly nasty and felt badly about it, but there is also a possibility I didn't see on your list:<P>Could she be coming to her senses?<P>Just a thought. I wish I had some good advice for you - you've certainly given me a lot over the past few months.

W
W
Rick - I've thought about it some more and I'm changing my vote to "j" - wheel of misfortune. They spin it each morning and it randomly settles on some adolescent characteristic, like "You know everything" or, "No one understands you" or, "ME, ME, ME!"<P>Sorry for the black humor. Rollercoaster's taking another lap.<P>Dave

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When my H does something that is off key for him, i.e. all of a sudden he is concerned about my mutual fund account (he has his own so he cannot collect mine-they are worth the same amount of money) he dropped off a letter from the mutual fund company with our contact person and explained to her what I need to do -I received the same letter and he knows I should have received it-this is VERY confusing!! Anyways I try not to let this have an effect on me. I mean this is the FIRST time in FOUR months H has shown ANY care towards ANYTHING dealing with me. But it was only a small matter. Just keep on try to improve yourself and try not to read into any of the WS's actions.

B
B
I always found that niceness was a break in the fog. My H was nice to me when things were bad with the OW. He turned nasty overnight when they 'kissed and made up'.

R
Rick37 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks for all the replies. They are all much the same, as we all know. If they all only knew how "patterned" they are. Nothing unique about their "special" situations.<P>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 151 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860
71,843 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation