Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#907416 04/06/01 11:16 AM
S
OP Offline
S
I know this is going to sound like a dumb topic, but I have heard people refer to "the fog" or "brain worms". Everyone says that WS always use the same lines when in that condition. Will you kind people let me know what some of the lines are, so that I can tell which things my W says are valid and which are the fog or brain worms talking?

#907417 04/06/01 11:24 AM
S
S
I can't imagine not being friends with him/her.<P>I said that...hate my other person now.

#907418 04/06/01 11:24 AM
S
S
"I love you but I'm not in love with you"<BR>"We're just two different people"<BR>"You're a great (guy or gal) but ..."<BR>"Some people just aren't meant to be together."<BR>

#907419 04/06/01 11:32 AM
C
C
"OP is my soulmate." (I REALLY hate that one)<P>"It was fate that we met the way we did." (Um, wasn't it fate that you and your spouse met the way you did?)<P>"You deserve someone who loves you 100%." (Easy justification for ending a marriage)<P>"We were meant to be." (Weren't you and your spouse meant to be?)<P>"My relationship/situation with OP is unique." (No it isn't. Trust me. Nobody knows better than me.)<P>There are many others. They've all been in my head and it wasn't until I realized they're in every WSs head that I realized I was living in a fantasy.<P>

#907420 04/06/01 11:36 AM
V
V
We're just friends--(if you're only friends which is more important a friend or your marriage)<P>Anything wrong with you especially from years back.<P>I never loved you.<P>Distancing himself from the kids was a big one.<P>Our marriage vows didn't say anything about not being able to sleep with someone else (after bringing out the wedding video to prove it) that's not fair, I didn't know what forsaking all others meant.<P>I think I inherited a gene from my dad.<P>The OP is just the greatest to ever walk the face of the earth.<P>You only want me for my money--(what money, do you have some secret stash?)<P>She wants to buy me a new truck.<P>You never liked my family.<P>Accusing you of fooling around.<P>You are a crazy sycho. How could you think that?<P>You only hear what you want to hear.<P>Shall I go on???????????

#907421 04/06/01 02:32 PM
L
L
Deleted...<p>[This message has been edited by LostNco (edited April 14, 2001).]

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 893 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation