Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum
This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at
mbrestored@gmail.com
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 237
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 237 |
<P>[This message has been edited by replaced (edited April 19, 2001).]<p>[This message has been edited by replaced (edited April 19, 2001).]
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 656
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 656 |
At the risk of being politically incorrect, I'll direct you to <A HREF="http://www.xenu.net" TARGET=_blank>www.xenu.net</A> <P>It is very informative and harshly critical of scientology. I've done a lot of reading on the subject (I was a fan of Hubbard's science fiction long before I knew about scientology), and it is quite simply a moneymaking/mind control scam attempting to masquerade as a religion for tax purposes. <P>If your H has become entwined with scientology, you need to be VERY careful. Put away some money for yourself, because the church will very quicly drain all the money they can from your accounts. Be especially careful if you decide to fight them. They will ruin your life while your H stands happily by their side.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 1,637
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 1,637 |
I'm with cjack on this one. Scientology is not something you want to f*** with, I'm afraid. These folks have been known to do some pretty nasty thing.<P>As a pagan, I'm pretty freewheeling about matters spiritual, and do not espouse any "one true way". However, this one scares the bejeezus out of me.<P>Protect yourself. That's all you can do, unless you want to start with deprogramming/kidnapping.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 1998
Posts: 2,075
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 1998
Posts: 2,075 |
While it is 'recognized' as such by the government, I do not for one moment believe that Scientology is a religion. It IS, however, a very, very dangerous organization with far-reaching power involving some extremely important people. I am not joking when I say that some have died due to Scientology. At the lower levels, these people do not even think for themselves when it comes to their relationships, their jobs - nothing.<P>I am sorry to hear that this is what he is involved in. As others have mentioned, there is not much you can do except protect yourself.<BR><P>------------------<BR>terri<BR><B>Courage</B><P>Whatever course you decide upon,<BR>there is always someone to tell you<BR>that you are wrong.<P>There are always difficulties arising<BR>which tempt you to believe that your <BR>critics are right.<P>To map out a course of action <BR>and follow it to an end <BR>requires courage.<P><I>Ralph Waldo Emerson</I>
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
472
guests, and
19
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
| |
Most Online9,682 May 13th, 2026
|
|
|
|
|
|