Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum
This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at
mbrestored@gmail.com
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 407
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 407 |
Hi again. Iwanted to answer you in a different post as this is off topic of my post. Thanks for telling me some of your story. My H likes to drink with his OW too. Since I don't drink, I guess I can't fill this EN for him. I've been married for 25 years. I think my H is in a mid-life crisis. <BR>I see that you've been married a long time too.<BR>I heard Dr.Phil on Oprah the other day. He said that relationships that come out of A's have less than 5% chance of survival. I also read that 50% of middle-aged men end up back with their wives after their A's. That leaves 45% of them that end the relationship with their OW yet do not go back to their wives. So if plan A is done well, they have more chance of wanting to go to home.You said you sent your H a PLan A letter. Did you only send one? I give my H plan A letters all the time. Maybe you could send him another plan A letter before you send a plan B- to make his memory of you fonder after his A ends. I would think it would be very unlikely their relationship will last with her track record.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 212
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 212 |
Hi Maezy, Who is Dr. Phil?<P>I am reluctant to send more Plan A letters. <P>I have read a book by Homer McDonald called How to Stop that Divorce. In the book, he states that total lack of pressure creates a suction. This makes sense. I have totally backed off and am not fighting the paper divorce.<P>I am minimizing the emotional side of the divorce in hopes that when his A ends (hopefully he won't become her 4th husband), he will see taht I am safe to come home to. however, he will have a long way to go to rebuild trust.<BR>First, there will have to be detox. <P>AT this point, I have absolutely NO HOPE. I expect a divorce and I hope to obtain sole legal/physical custody with restricted visitation based on his alcohol abuse and driving records (two dwi arrests and careless operation of vehicle conviction) and with dwi convictions of ow.<P>I might actually start dating after the divorce. Me date?<BR>Not really what I want to do. <P>It is late. will post tomorrow. elo
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
192
guests, and
35
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
| |
Most Online9,682 May 13th, 2026
|
|
|
|
|
|