Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 8,069
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 8,069
Hello All,<P>I haven't posted in a very very long time. My H and I are now D, as of June 13th. I am just "OKAY'. I fought the good battle, unfortunelty our marriage situation was so severe it was not salvageable. I have my good days and bad days, and I'm very lonely these days. I plan on posting on the Divorced forum, I do need support and help in learning how to be a D person. <P>My husband continues to try contact with me, and I have stuck to Plan B. Contact with him is too very hurtful. And I continue to see my stepson (OC #2). He's the most wondeful part of my life.<P>I don't recognize most the names on here, but I do I see Terri and Lora and a few others. I hope you all are well.<P>I have a very dear friend who has started posting here. Her nic is "Mainemade". I know you all will give her the best advice possible for getting thru this infidelity nightmare. <P>God Bless you all, and thank you for the "years" of concern and help. It got me thru the hardest time fo my life.<P>Many prayers and strength to you ALL!<P>Love,<BR>Jo<P>p.s. I am still cancer free and one healthy unit. A blessing!<P>------------------<BR><BR>"Remain flexible like a reed, as opposed to an oak which can snap in the wind"

Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 972
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 972
Hi Jo:<P>Hon, I have wondered about you so much. I'm so glad to hear from you even if it isn't the best of news. Old "spinless" hasn't come to his senses, huh. I can't believe he let it go this far with that witch...well, he just doesn't know what he's lost. <P>Can you believe it's worked out with Lora so well...almost textbook Plan B results. But there is an endless stream of newbies...each with more problems then there are solutions...but there have also been some new people who have a lot to offer...great insight [H]. Most of the others have moved to D or don't post very often. But that's OK for the site will have served its purpose...either to restore the marriage or to make it easier to move on. <P>What's amazing after having been here over a year is the similarity in these stories and the "foggy" WS scripts. I hear the same thing being said by so many WS...how I wish I could have come here earlier...it would have saved me so much grief.<P>Well, are you still seeing that fella you met? At least you can see him without guilt now. You fought a good fight...he was just too lost...fog, lifestyle, needs, whatever...sometimes there is just nothing you can do. NSR (Jim) still here with his wonderful advise...although he has been divorced too. So you can expect to find some good advise on D too.<P>We've missed you and it's good to see you back.<P>Love, Faye

Joined: Sep 1999
Posts: 5,406
N
NSR Offline
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Sep 1999
Posts: 5,406
WOW, my ears are burning...<P>...my name mentioned once again... thanks <B>buffy</B>!<P>Hi <B>Jo</B>...<BR>...sorry your path has taken you down the road of divorce.<P>You're doing the right thing by keeping up your Plan B...<P>My xW came to pickup the kids last night...<BR>...and I have reached (through my own Plan B)...<BR>...a real sense that she... was never really my W.<P>There may be a sense of guilt... on her part...<BR>There may still be some anger... on her part...<P>...but my Plan B... has taken <B>me</B> where I need to be...<BR>...and for many people... the impact on the WS...<BR>...is not there.<P>Leave any expectations... low...<P>...and lift yourself up!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,743
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,743
It sounds as if you are rid of 2 cancers now.<BR>I am sorry that they journey was so painful.<BR>Good to see your name again.<P>take care,<BR>cleo

Joined: Apr 1999
Posts: 5,798
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Apr 1999
Posts: 5,798
Best wishes Jo, you go on from this day like we all do, one day at a time.<P><P>------------------<BR>Lor<BR>"Whatever is true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, gracious...think about these things." Phil 4:8

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,244
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,244
I remember you very well. I didn't often have good advice for you, because I was quite new at the time. I'm sorry about the D, but glad that you are cancer free and one healthy unit.<P>You and Az Allison were very regular posters when I joined, so I wondered where the two of you were.<P>Take care.

Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 656
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 656
I don't often stop by GQII...sorry to see you'll be joining us on D/D soon. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>You, AZ Allison, Burnedspouse and others really helped me a lot. I don't know if I can return the favor, but I'll try. I've been divorced 5 months now, and I'm approaching the one year anniversary of d-day. <P>In a way, its kind of sad. When I came here a year ago, the people here (you included) who were "fighting the good fight" gave me a lot of hope. Now many of us are divorced or divorcing. But on the upside, I've learned that there <B>is</B> life after divorce, and that it's not really the end of the world. <P>I'll be more than happy to help you in any way I can. Just drop me a line on D/D, and I'll be there...right after I get back from vacation in Hawaii, of course! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>

Joined: Jul 1999
Posts: 3,247
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jul 1999
Posts: 3,247
I'm so glad I stopped in here today! Good to hear from you, Jo. I'm sorry things didn't go better - you worked so very hard.<P>I am happy to hear you're cancer-free. And I can feel your strength in your post.<P>I wish for you much peace, happiness and love for the rest of your life.<P>Lori

Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 8,069
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 8,069
Good Morning All,<P>I fully intend to respond back to you all, I'm just so bloody busy at work. Ughhhh!<P>Thank you so much for remembering me, and thank you for you help too!<P>Best,<BR>Jo


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 37 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0