Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum
This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at
mbrestored@gmail.com
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,227
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,227 |
MIL drops kids off with H today. She tries to give him a backpack full of books I had put together for him. (He called and left a message the other day saying he needed to come by and get some books), so I found every book I could of his and put it in a backpack for him (good plan B, huh?).<P>Anyway, he says "I wanted to go and pick out the books I wanted." and he leaves the backpack and refuses to take it...<P>She went back and left it in his car per my request (with the stroller she had forgotten).<P>Can you say "fog"???
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 505
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 505 |
Let me add...<P>"I don't want to be married anymore." (H)<BR>"Okay, then pack your bags and move out." (me)<BR>"Oh, because you decide I can leave, I should go?" (H)<P>Seriously HbH,<BR>They feel lacking in control and want to take control...just like they feel 'we' have been doing to them all the time of our marriage.<P>It is a heartbreaking conundrum.<P><BR>Cali
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,227
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,227 |
Oh well. That didn't work. When MIL went to put the backpack in the car he just outright refused. Said again that HE wanted to go pick out the ones he wanted. She said "but they are all in the backpack just take it." He said, "oh, I don't have room in my car (caravan)."<P>???<P>think it's an excuse to try and talk/see me tonight??
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 10,060
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 10,060 |
HBH - excellent job!!<P>You and Rick will be my inspiration - let's stick together.<P>WAT
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 17,837
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 17,837 |
HbH,<P>Ok the squirm moose brain worms are trying to escape. He wants to talk to you but won't admit it? Be brave, my friend. Be strong. <P>IMHO, I would talk to him, when he can ask you nicely not use a bunch of excuses. Even if you are in plan B. It doesn't mean to never talk to him, just stay away as long as he is playing his game. When he is willing to be truthful, upfront and civil, then you can 'consider' talking to him.<P>Take Care,<BR>L.<BR>
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
200
guests, and
4
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
| |
Most Online9,682 May 13th, 2026
|
|
|
|
|
|