Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#925684 07/03/01 10:57 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Just a few thoughts (for no reason really)...<P>Nicole and the children are gone (have been since yesterday). They will be gone for at least a week. <BR>Nicole will be looking for work in the city they're visiting, at the same time. <P>I am getting only a brief glimpse of what it's going to be like for me, after I am not here. I can't say what I am really feeling, just a different place than I thought I'd be at this point.<BR> There are many things I regret about these past two years, some will haunt me forever. "How is it that I came to this place?", I often ask myself. I'm not sure if it's the choices that I've made affecting events in my life, or if it's events in my life affecting the choices I've made. Does that make any sense? <BR>I know that people cope with separation and divorce on a daily basis. Heck, in my life I have experienced it seven times. Each time a very different scenario. Each time just as painful as the next. What I learned from each one, I had thought I stored in the file marked "Things not to do in your marriage". Apparently I had placed them in "Monkey see, monkey do". <BR>The only thing that I am sure that this episode is going to teach me, is that I must change the things I do, and the way that I respond to my own feelings. As I have posted to many folks on this site, all decisions about life are ultimately up to me. Good or bad, once made, I must deal with the consequences. <BR>There are several consequences that I must deal with. On one hand, I must deal with what I have done to my relationship with Nicole. One the other hand I must also deal with what has been done to my OW's life, and her relationship. So many different lives are affected by that one choice I made. <BR>In all honesty, I often wonder what my life would be like with OW. I also wonder where my life would be if I had not had the affair. <P>Was the affair really the cause of our failing marriage? Was there more trouble than we acknowledged?<BR> I already know, that my personal "demons", and my unwillingness to face them, have been major factors.<P>Very recently, I had an experience that floored me. Without going into detail, it was a huge eye opener. The result was me receiving a letter that explained how much pain I can cause, without thinking. It helped me see how my actions affect other people. I have the utmost respect for the person on the other end of that eye opener, (<I>you know who you are, and I know you're reading this</I>). They are truly a much better person than I. <P> With this brief time alone...I am preparing myself for a transformation that must come. Without this transformation, I will not succeed in any relationship. Like I've said before, I do not know where I will end up, or who will be with me when I arrive there(<I>if anyone</I>). I do know, that when I get there, <I>I will be a much happier, healthier me</I>.<P>Hope I haven't bored any of you with these thoughts. I needed to write what was going through my mind. Lots of jumbled thoughts and feelings. If I may, more will come with time. <P>A last note, to my dear "e-mail friend"...thank you for making it easier for me to be open about what's inside, and helping me see that it's okay to talk. Still waiting for your next chapter, by the way.<P>Arik

T
T
Arik,<P>I wish you the best in your time of transition. Thanks for sharing the thoughts. I wish it werent this way for you. Maybe your next relationship should start with yourself in order to defeat the *demons* and sidestep this step again. <BR>Best of luck!<P>*Out of our greatest fears, come our bravest deeds!*<P>Trueheart

O
O
Arik,<P>I am sorry for your family situation. Learning life's lessons are sometimes hard to take. I truly hope you can find happiness one day. <P>If it is possible, I would like to ask a bit about what it took to help you open your eyes. See my H is the WS and he is having difficulty in this area. This is hindering our recovery greatly to the point that now I am having 2nd thoughts about our marriage. H is home has been for 2 months, in that time both OW & I were pregnant. I recently miscarried and so has OW. Now we are back to our original family. H is home in body but his mind and heart are not here for our support 100% of the time. This greatly distresses me. The hormonal changes from losing a baby is great and the combination with this stress, work, keeping up with everything is wearing me out. If and when H should make up his mind, I may not be around for it. <P>So your insight (not your personal details) would be helpful. Again, if you are not able, I truly understand. I am just reaching out for something I can hold onto. <P>Thanks again for your post, it has given me some hope that I so desparately need. <P>L.<BR>

W
W
Please keep posting Arik. We will always listen.<P>To Arik's e-mail friend. Please send me whatever you sent to Arik - maybe I need it and don't realize it. **edit** <P>WAT

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation