Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#927089 07/07/01 08:53 PM
R
Redon Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I know, a less serious topic, but I find myself listening to a lot of music on my PC while typing here. My favs:<P>All Saints - Pure Shores<BR>Third Eye Blind - How's it Going to Be?<BR>Everclear - Wonderful<BR>Aerosmith - What it Takes<BR>Vertical Horizon - Best I Ever Had<BR>Leann Rimes - How Do I Live<BR>Stevie Wonder - I believe<BR>S Club 7 - Never had a Dream Come True<BR>Jon Secada - Just Another Day<P>Yeah, I'm probably showing my age here to the 'older folks'! ;><P>In a similar vein, has anyone watched the movie, 'High Fidelity'? I've gotta say, it's one of my favorites, a nice pick me up on those down days.<P>All the best!<P>

#927090 07/07/01 09:01 PM
S
S
I usually put in Stevie Ray Vaughn, Cheap Trick, Jive Bunny and the Mix Masters, or The Commitments, how about some good old Led Zepplin....am I showing my age now too???<BR>Although I do enjoy, Live, Pearl Jam, Marilyn Manson, Bush, Red HOt Chile Peppers, Third Eye Blind and Creed.<BR>But with a 13 yr old daughter around I'm often found stuck listening to Brit Spears, Christian Ag, Mandy Moore, Jessica Simpson, and so on.<BR>My all time favorite song though is Into the Mystic by Van Morrison.<p>[This message has been edited by shedawg (edited July 07, 2001).]

#927091 07/07/01 09:06 PM
T
T
I used to have the stereo going all day.. until my 2 yr old blew the woofers!! (it just doesn't sound the same with just tweeters.. ya know? LOL).<P>My inspirational favourites, mostly stem from the 80's. One song inparticular, that just puts me in a good mood, is "Footloose" by Kenny Loggins.<P>Another song, that gave me inspiration (oddly enough) during my pre-recovery days, is "The one that I want" (?) from the Grease soundtrack. For whatever reason, many of the lyrics to me, seemed to relate to feelings expressed on here. I haven't listened to it in a couple of months (it's on cd, and with no woofers..well, you know... lol).. but I'm really looking forward to doing so again.. just to see if my reaction to the song then, is still the same now (grin).<P>Too much rambling for me! LOL.<P>Karen<BR>

#927092 07/07/01 09:09 PM
T
T
Okay.. one more ramble...<BR>I like to listen to the Barenaked Ladies "Gordon" album (er, sorry... cassette or cd), and Elton John's Greatest Hits (which volume?? LOL.. the one with Daniel, Crocodile Rock, Don't let the sun go down on me, etc).. it's so awesome to sing aloud with! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>That's it now... I promise! (and I'm really feeling the need for some tunes now.. thanks a lot! LOL).<P>Karen<BR>

#927093 07/08/01 12:10 AM
G
G
I love all types of music but when given a choice....it's the alternate rock groups: Staind, Creed, LimpBizkit and Three Doors Down just to name a few. My thirteen year old son and I enjoy the same styles whereas my sixteen year old daughter prefers classical music as well as Jackson Browne, Elton John and any other soft rock that includes piano chords. <P>I've gotten away from the sounds of Country/Western. Except for Travis Tritt who will always be my babydoll [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR><B>Time heals all wounds as long as you DON'T pick at them!</B>

#927094 07/08/01 12:24 AM
A
AFL Offline
A
Oh, this one really hit a chord (pun intended) in me. I have always loved music, all different kinds. It has always been a way for me to celebrate good, reminded me of "our love" and made me think all the more lovingly of him. It has in the past been able to help me over rough spots (Sometimes a sad song can be healing.) The words to songs have always spoken to me, whether I am listening or singing. <P>However, the joy of music has been dampened, even at times, spoiled for me the past year. This really hurts me. Before D-Day, I tried to use certain songs to touch my H heart. But sad songs of love gone wrong were also touching me too much. Since D-Day, almost every song reminds me of what I am going through. I went through about 6 months of not being able to listen to any music at all. Even hymns and other inspirational music hurt. Couldn't make myself sing in church. I have tried again to use certain songs and videos (including "our song" )to again touch my H. No real progress even with trying that. I do try now to listen again, and sometimes I can. Guess that is a good sign. I so much want the day when I can again truly revel in something that once brought me so much joy. I am glad so many here have not lost that joy.<P>God give us strength<BR>AFL

#927095 07/08/01 12:55 AM
I'll admit I am not a music devotee, however my H is...<P>There are certain songs and artists I identify with us, (Prince, Patrice Rushen) but now when he is listening to music (Jill Scott) now I wonder if he's thinking of OW. My H is also a fabulous singer....<P>Lately we are listening to Janet Jackson's latest, Black Eyed Peas, The Roots...and I have snuck in Shania Twain and Faith Hill...he's not much into country...mostly R&B, HipHop and Rap.<P>Cali

#927096 07/08/01 03:13 AM
A
A
During my 1st separation in May 1985 (1st H), I really lost it, and could not listen to any music - because I love music (listening to) - remember Huey Lewis, and Tina Turner's "What's Love Got to Do With It?", Genesis, and In the Air Tonight, was really cooking back then, along with alot of other great, great rock & roll groups - and Billy Idol, etc. . . . . . I rebelled (sp?) at the beginning of the separation, then one day I needed some noise and the music came back on. Beverly Hills Cop was popular back then too.<P>Listening to music really helps now, for this past painful year. But, I love oldies (and Classic Rock) . . from the 60's - songs like - In the Year 2525, Wild Thing, Little Red Riding Hood, Yellow Submarine, Red Rubber Ball, Cherish, all the oldies. Also Eric Clapton, this will blow you away - Black Sabbath, ACDC, Judus Priest, Led Zepplin, Bad Company, Eagles, Kinks, Stones, Beatles, and The Who. Also, Boston, Toto, REO, Dire Straits, Bread, and Styx. Remember Croce? I love Operator . . . Does anybody remember my favorite songs Games People Play by Joe South, Crimson & Clover, by Tommy James and the Shondells? or House of the Rising Sun. Laugh at this one - a song called "I Wonder" from Herman's Hermits first album.<P>Anybody remember Dave Mason, or The Soft Machine, or Ronnie Montrose? Remember Mountain? Or the 17 minute Inagoddadavida (Iron Butterfly). Or remember the song "I'm Your Captain"? Or the song "I Wanna Be Your Cowboy?" Or anyone remember Leo Sayer??? Ha, Ha. Do you know Big Bad Voo Doo Daddy? - yes, I love them too - <P>Music? who said Music? Some group (individual?) just did a cover version of Van Morrison's Brown-Eyed Girl (butchered it). Yes, I love music. It has kept me sane in the most insane periods (like last year's discovery of the EA). No, I don't do RAP - but I do Googoo Dolls (ha). Also like female singles like Nancy Sinatra.<P>So, we went from albums/records, to 8 Track Tapes, to Cassette Tapes, to CD's - to . . . . Wow - okay - laugh because I dated myself SOOOOOO much - but what a history. Wouldn't have missed it for the world. I really miss those 60's and 70's.<P>aftershock<P>

#927097 07/08/01 08:27 AM
W
W
I was waiting to respond to this thread when someone came along that shared my interests. Finally, aftershock came through!!<P>Along with ALL of those, I admit to being a Brian Wilson junkie. I believe Pet Sounds to be the greatest album ever made. Did anybody see the all-star tribute to him on TNT a few nights ago? I almost had an organism watching David Crosby, Carly Simon, and Jimmy Webb's trio of "In My Room."<P>Coincidently, my son and I are going to see the Beach Boys this afternoon at Wolftrap. Of course, Brian won't be with them - he currently tours alone. I guess the only originals there will be Mike Love amd Al Jardine? If any body's interested, I'll report back later.<P>WAT

#927098 07/08/01 09:51 AM
J
J
aftershock,<P>What a list. I've got a lot of these albums in a box upstairs somewhere. (My kids would ask "what's an album?") Unfortunately, my turntable is broken so I haven't listened to them in 15 years or so ("What's a turntable?")<P>Maybe I can download them from somewhere. (Now, that's something my kids can help me with)<P>--Jeffers

#927099 07/08/01 10:09 AM
M
M
OK i am SOOOOOOOOOO dated!! I was a duran Duran FANATICCCCCCCCCCC Big time and i still listen to them ( old when it was the original 5) Aftershock i have not heard I wanna ba a cowboy FOR YEARS. I will be searching for it on audio galaxy today for sure. I love Howard Jones, Sam Harris, ABC, YES, Depeche Mode< ALLA the 80s groups. Yes i eve liked FALCO ( Rock me AMADEUS!!!) At the momant i am very into LifeHOUSE, Tim McGraw, and Limp Bizkit, SAD but true!!!!!!!! If you want some of the best instrummental relaxing muxic i would look for ED VAN FLEET!! He is found in maine but i know you can do a search on audiogalaxy or napster and findhim. His Oceans CD is the BEST. Ok that is enough. At this ppoint i like anything that is not backstreet, Nsync, Brit, Christina, 98 degrees, or Nelly<BR>LMAO<BR>Maine<P>------------------<BR>IN the words of BOB the BUILDER!!" WE can fix it, yes we can!!!"

#927100 07/08/01 10:27 AM
T
T
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mainemade:<BR><B>OK i am SOOOOOOOOOO dated!! I was a duran Duran FANATICCCCCCCCCCC Big time and i still listen to them ( old when it was the original 5) </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>AAAHHHHH!!!!! Meet your fellow Duranie on MB!! hehehehe. I still have all of my buttons (remember the ones that we'd plaster all over our jackets, purses, schoolbags, etc). hehehehe. Simon was my favourite... I'd dream of meeting him (and the fact I was living in Toronto, and he had a girlfriend there, Claire somethingorother, gave me all the more hope). LOL.<P>I get into my duranie moods too. One night while grocery shopping, "New moon on Monday" came on in the store... H thought I was nuts, shopping and strutting and singing along. Oh well. I had fun [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>How about these 80's tunes: "The Perfect Way" by Scritti Pollitti, "Everybody have fun tonight" by Wang Chung (how many bad jokes were made about him and computers?? too many to count), "Kyrie" by Mr.Mister (saw them in concert.. I touched Richard Page's left foot twice with my right hand! LOL)... and the canadian guys... "Platinum Blonde" and "Glass Tiger"... oh, and "Gowan", "you're a strange animal" (hmmm... haven't heard that tune in a while.. I wonder if the lyrics would fit that of a WS??? ROFLMAO!!).<P>This is getting bad... time to wake up H and get him to find a way to fix the stereo... KAREN NEEDS HER 80'S FIX!!!!<P>Karen<BR>

#927101 07/08/01 11:07 AM
M
M
KAREN YOU ARE MY SOUL SISSSSSSSSSSTER babybee. I had all the mags and a wall covered in Pics. My fav was John He was SO hot in leather. I hate most of the stuff from WILD boys ON though. Yes Scritti Politti, General Public, Pet shop boys, Big Country, A HA, A B C, Thompson Twins, Need i go on, I think i will put in One of my *0's cd's and SHE BOP and clean WOW My fave song from Duran Duran is Save a prayer ( wow i hope that is the right title) ANd REFELX LOVED THAT SONG!! <BR>Maine<P>------------------<BR>IN the words of BOB the BUILDER!!" WE can fix it, yes we can!!!"

#927102 07/08/01 01:27 PM
H
H
Redon,<BR>Looks like I am the only "younger folk" around? lol<BR>here is my list<P>everything from Delerium and Enigma<BR>The Tea Party - Walking Wound<BR>Marc Anthony - Don't let me leave, Love is all, Remember me<BR>Eric Clapton - change the world<BR>K-Ci & JoJo - tell me its real<P><BR>

#927103 07/08/01 01:40 PM
A
A
Humper -<BR>Change the World is a fairly newbie song for Clapton, you gotta go back to the Derek & the Dominos days - oh my, I remember driving to the beach with "Signs" (ANYBODY remember that one?), and Doors Riders on the Storm<P>I loved Kyrie by Mr. Mister too.<P>You all are coming up with some good ones.<P>We missed CCR (Creedence Clearwater Revival), and BTO - Taking Care of Business.<P>

#927104 07/09/01 12:02 AM
R
Redon Offline OP
OP Offline
R
after shock,<P>Funny, as I was reading your post, I just happened to be listening to my latest mp3 download..... yup, you guessed it! Brown Eyed Girl by Everclear, hey, I like that song!

#927105 07/09/01 12:36 AM
Just a funny...<P>My H uses timer on stereo to be alarm clock in the morning...guess what song has been waking me up for the past three days???<P>"Love Rollercoaster" by the Ohio Players....<P>Hmmm....rollercoaster....can we say metaphor?<P><BR>Cali

#927106 07/09/01 07:16 AM
B
B
WAT - Huge Brian Wilson fan also... In fact, wife and I went last Wednesday night and saw him and Paul Simon at Verizon Wireless Music Center, just north of Indianapolis...<P>After the show, we were 4th in line to get his autograph, so, not only did I get to see him play live (which was awesome, his band is so good), but I got to meet him to. Then I went home and watched the TNT special. <P>Do you have his "Live at the Roxy" CD?<P>By the way, how was the "Mike Love Beach Boy Show?"

#927107 07/09/01 07:39 AM
W
W
boomer - WOW! Another addict.<P>I've been thinking of going to the Wilson/Simon show when it comes to our area soon. With your recommendation I'll take the plunge.<P>The Mike Love and Bruce Johnston show was better than I expected (see my post, "Bushy, bushy blond hair-do").<P>I sorta expected them to just show up and not put much into it, but they really worked hard.<P>WAT

#927108 07/09/01 07:59 AM
E
E
Geeeeez<P>Doesn't anyone here like Country Music? The new country, though, not that twangy stuff from yesterday.<P>Try Trisha Yearwood (her version of "How do I live? is much superior to LeAnn Rimes)<P>Collin Ray, Toby Keith ("Shoulda been a cowboy") Dixie Chicks, etc I could go on...<P>Topie: "Footloose" is a fave and I love the movie...<P>After Shock: Love your oldies 'specially Black Sabbath & Van Morrison...<P>How about Steely Dan?<P>WAT: Isn't Al Jardine touring w/the Wilson Phillips girls?I agree the Mike Love/Bruce Johnston BEach Boys do a good show.... <BR> <BR>SHortly after d-day I could hardly listen to music, but now (5 months later) I can crank it up again...(mostly) <P>E

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 159 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker
71,841 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation