Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#928508 07/11/01 08:05 AM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 445
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 445
Hi again,<P>I have a question I'd like some advice on.<P>The OM has been on vacation for the last 3 weeks. I've been telling my wife that I love her - basically when I've felt like saying it, which has been frequent but not overdone. She's been saying it back - and it's been feeling like she means it. It's been hard work but it feels like a positive step forward from her side.<P>The OM is back today and he called her. I'd made her promise to tell me when this happened - just wanted her to give me an update. ´Keep me in touch with what's going on. She didn't like doing it - said it made her feel like a little girl - but she did it. After she told me, I gave her a hug and told her that I loved her. She then says that I shouldn't say that so often. Said it was an overused term and that it might get worn out. She didn't return the words either. <P>So, my question is how would you react to this ? Do I stop telling her I love her, try to guess when the moments right or just do my thing. I'm inclined to stop and just wait for her to say it to me. That gives me a chance to gauge where her feelings are, to see if she's still moving towards me and to give her some space with the 'fog'. <P>Mmmmm, what do you think ?<P>

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 2,457
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 2,457
There should be no contact with the OM if she is living at home and wishes to work on the marriage and recover. It is virtually impossible to recover if she has any contact with him. A no contact letter to the OM is important. It is unacceptable for her to have any contact with the OM.

Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 445
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 445
You're right. And since he's been away we've been doing a lot better. But she's told me she won't see him alone but she won't break the contact either. Interestingly, she would do this despite knowing that this will hurt me. <P>I can't tell him to back-off, I also can't force her to break the contact. She has to want to do this. I feel comfortable continuing with Plan A, I'm just dissappointed again in my WS.<P>This is so very difficult to cope with because she's damaged my trust in her, my love for her and now she's pushing the bastion of respect I hold for her.<P>Mmmmmm,<P>

Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 266
Z
zen Offline
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 266
<B>It is virtually impossible to recover if she has any contact with him.</B><P>Yeah, I'd strike the "virtually." This is a non-negotiable. If you don't already have a copy of <B>Surviving an Affair</B> by Harley, I'd highly recommend one. If your local bookstores don't have a copy, try a local Christian book store.<P>I know how you feel though. My W is not really close to the point yours is, but I know that if she ever gets there, it's going to be very hard to convince her to totally break all contact with OM. She already refuses to end contact now, but I do not press her on this issue, bor would I the closer she got to committing to the marriage, but as she got closer to that re-committment, I'd have to gently let her know that we can only do that work if she agrees to break all contact. you have to be willing to say no to re-committment if she won't accept this, but you have to be really careful how you do it lest you LB and drive her to him. I'd continue Plan A and reiterate that you're ready when she is. Just work on being the best for you and for her...<P>-zen


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0