Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum
This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at
mbrestored@gmail.com
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,091
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,091 |
Well......yesterday my WH showed up after he got off of work to switch vehicles. I get his precious truck and he gets the family mini van.<BR>He seemed a little different when he showed up....not as cold as he has been lately.<BR>He told me the other night on the phone that he was going to make a list of what he wants in the divorce.....what he wants to pay for child support.....visitation and all that.<BR>He was here for a good while.....and he never offered to give it to me. Like a ding dong I asked him if he had it....he handed it to me. He probably wouldn't have even remembered it if I hadn't asked.<BR>Anyway....it started raining so we had to come in....he played with the girls for a while...and then when it stopped raining we went back outside.<BR>While we were out there it was different.....he was different. He was almost like his old self....playing with the girls....and even joking around with me....and throwing things at me that the girls were throwing at him. All this with a woman he says he can't stand the sight of and only tolerates. I played along.....it was great.<BR>Before he left to go he was checking something on the truck and ended up working on it for over an hour. The whole time I was thinking.....why is he doing this? He can't stand me so why is he trying to fix it for me? He couldn't get it fixed so he said he'd work on it more this weekend. I'm blown away here. What the heck is going on?<BR>The only thing that came up was.......he was playing ball with our oldest and she asked him if we were getting a divorce......he hesitated....then said yes.<BR>She said.....can we stay with mommy.....he hesitated again....a little sad....and said yes again. That was all that was said.<BR>I killed him with kindness......but also let him know that I've got it together.....I can make it with or without him.<BR>I feel good about myself today!!!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,091
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,091 |
Oh....I forgot about the when it rains it pours thing.....I'm not with it today.<BR>I get his truck....which until 2 days ago was in perfect condition......he gets my minivan. The reason being is because his parents make his truck payment....he makes the van payment.....long story.<BR>When he brings the truck to me......it has no turn signals.....it keeps blowing a fuse every time it passes through reverse.<BR>So.....needless to say.....he has a vehicle to drive....and I get the S%&T end of the deal again!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 2,909
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 2,909 |
No good advice to give...just hugs [[[[[[[Miss Priss]]]]]]].<P>Take care of yourself and the girls.<P>Prayers,<BR>Cali
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 17,837
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 17,837 |
Hi MP,<P>I am no mechanic but could it be fog in the engine? Maybe one of the guys here can help you diagnose this fuse problem? ![[Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]](http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/wink.gif) <P>Well, maybe your H is seeing that being with you and the girls is not as bad as he or OW would like to think. Hm.... bit of guilt? Maybe he actually misses the family?<P>You are sounding better not bitter. I am proud of you.<P>L.<BR>
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,091
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,091 |
Orchid.....fog in the engine??<P>Why didn't I think of that??<P>And yes....I am better these days....not bitter.<BR>Bitterness gets me nowhere....and I think I've confused him with my kindness and no questions attitude.<BR>He used to see me as weak and frail.<P>I AM NO LONGER WEAK AND FRAIL!!!!!<P>I will survive......with or without him.<BR>If he chooses not to be with me and his daughters....that is his loss. I have his parents and all of you here at MB to thank for making me see this.<BR>I do have my moments....since I do not want my marriage to end......but i can't sit around and worry about it all the time either.
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
192
guests, and
35
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
| |
Most Online9,682 May 13th, 2026
|
|
|
|
|
|