Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#931688 07/22/01 10:37 PM
T
T
<BR> <BR>Watergate Salad<BR> <BR> <BR>Prep Time:15 mins.<BR>Ready In:1 hr. 15 mins<BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Pistachio Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling <BR>1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice <BR>1 cup JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows <BR>1/2 cup chopped PLANTERS Nuts <BR>1-3/4 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping <BR> <BR> <BR>STIR pudding mix, pineapple with juice, marshmallows and nuts in large bowl until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping.<P>REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until ready to serve.<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <BR> <BR> <BR> <P> <BR> <BR>

#931689 07/22/01 10:43 PM
G
G
Not your typical recipe, but a remembrance from my childhoood days, per se......but here goes:<P>I want a sandwich with pus on top, monkey's vomit and camel snot....put it all together and whadda' ya' got....<P>da da da (can't recall the words. Can you help me out?)<P>great green gobs of greasy grimey gopher guts<BR>little monkeys ????<BR>little birdies dirty feet<BR>????????? da da da<P>I forgot my spoon, I've got a straw......SLURP....that's good.<P>This will kill it......for good!!!<P><P>------------------<BR><B>Time heals all wounds as long as you DON'T pick at them!</B>

#931690 07/22/01 10:45 PM
H
H
GL,<P>I would never consider resorting to Barney song mind control techniques on any adult. I'm convinced that the writers for Barney are X-KGB operatives who turned away from the dark side to use their powers for good and the Superfreinds only had a futon over in the Hall of Justice so after a few nights on that they had to get their own place. Hey!! That gave me an idea. I wonder if the Harley's could use a similar approach with some mind numbing videos. Just imagine what it would be like when all hells breaking loose around the house.. you could sing a few bars and then your WS would join in and poof start acting like a regular human….except of course for the song they would keep singing over…and over & over.<P>I'll have to consult with WAT. This might be the way to prevent further abductions.<P><p>[This message has been edited by Hi Infidelity (edited July 22, 2001).]

#931691 07/22/01 10:50 PM
G
G
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hi Infidelity:<BR><B>GL,<P>I'll have to consult with WAT. This might be the way to prevent further abductions.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah......that's a ticket......like FORCE IN NUMBERS, ya' know? Continue on, Dr. HI........<P><P>------------------<BR><B>Time heals all wounds as long as you DON'T pick at them!</B>

#931692 07/22/01 11:04 PM
H
H
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GeezLouise:<BR><B> I LOVE Scooby......RUTRO....my favorite utterance at work.</B> <P>No further mind control ideas. But I do have a comment on Scooby Do. Have you ever heard of a Comedian called Sinbad? He used to do a routine about Scooby Do. He asked the audience what's up with those two (Scooby & Shaggy) describing their general contribution to each show as<P><BR>1. They are always getting lost.<BR>2. Weaning the same old cloths.<BR>3. Never shaved.<BR>4. Never know where they are going.<BR>5. Driving around in a groovy looking van.<BR>6. And always hungry.<P><BR>They're stoned out of their mind.<P>Adds a whole new twist to watching it with the kids now.<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Hi Infidelity (edited July 22, 2001).]

#931693 07/23/01 07:21 AM
G
G
<B>I've been around teenagers too freakin' long. I'm beginning to use their slang.</B><P>I bet it wasn't really "freakin" they used though....<P><BR>

#931694 07/24/01 03:16 AM
S
S
RC:<P>Darn, see what I miss when I go on vacation?<P>Me, mean? LMAO. Harsh? You don't WANT to see my mean or harsh side. As for not sharing your opinions on this site: BINGO! Namely, because in every post you've made, not one of them espouses (go look it up) the MB tenets. As to hitting a nerve ... tsk, tsk, tsk ... you initiate a thread for the specific purpose of singling me out? Did some of the comments made by myself and others strike home and YOU are the one lashing out? Hmmm, t'would appear so.<P>Did I lash out at you? Hardly, I merely point out the inadequacies of your posts here insofar as they are diametrically opposed to MB's stated purpose and philosophy. MB, by the way, is not a mantra or dogma: it is a framework for those who desire to improve or recover their marriage. There are others here with whom I have not entirely agreed, and in those instances, the differences were discussed in an urbane and intelligent fashion. Which, judging from your threads, has never been the case.<P>As to denial, o befogged RC, what have I denied or continue to deny? My story is posted here on numerous threads. The only one in denial in this forum, in this thread, is you. Many have asked the question of you: what is your story? What do you seek here? If it is something beyond your petty, low and sophomoric attempts to be a rabble rouser: then out with it, as most here have--as I have--or are you a coward as well, hiding behind vitriolic (another one for you to look up) and petty outbursts?<P>As to what makes me an expert: nothing, just like everyone else here in the forums. However, unlike you, my wife and I have read the material here, and have implemented the techniques in our marriage and have managed to salvage it despite <I>my</I> folly. And because the MB techniques have worked and saved a marriage that could just as easily have ended, I choose to share with those who are currently at a point where things I have experienced may shed some light, or to give some hope to someone who currently needs it at a traumatic moment in their lives. When I benefit from something, I try to return the favor in kind. An intent that goes far beyond the petty, mean-spirited tripe you trot out.<P>And, as the saying goes ... in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. By the way, does RC stand for Ray Charles? On second thought, I retract that, as your blindness and the manner in which you branish it, pales in comparison to the dignity that Mr. Charles imparts to his impediment.<P>Again, I reiterate a statement made elsewhere: I do not engage you in a battle of wits (a) because that is not the intent of this forum; and (b) I do not fight unarmed opponents.<P>Perhaps, as others have said, your reception here--not only by myself, but by others--would be more welcomed if you contributed in a positive manner; one that reflects the MB concepts and philosophies. Barring that, you are a dim-witted rabble rouser and should return to the Mothership posthaste: Elvis, Dennis Rodman, and Shirley McClaine need a fourth for hearts. Should you contribute in a positive fashion, and be forthcoming in your motivations, I will gladly retract the mean, harsh, criticizing and belittling previous statement.<P>Everyone else:<P>Thanks for the kind words and the great recipes.<P>Godspeed,<BR>STL

#931695 07/24/01 03:37 AM
Z
Z
My Dear RealityCheck,<P>We’ve been on vacation so I did not see this post until tonight.<P>I do believe that you are wrong that STL and I “have been crowned King and Queen of the MBs”. No, we are simply people trying to deal with the things that life has thrown us. Like many of the other people here we find that the MB concepts are helping us. <P>RE: “Well, I suppose that's appropriate, considering you have, what, - FOUR, FIVE marriages between the two of you?”<P>Yes, I have been married twice before. And yes I am remarried and there have been problems. I am sure that there are people who would look at this as a terrible thing. By sharing this information on MB, by being open and real, I have gained new insights into these events in my life. And if in sharing others are helped, I am blessed. I did not share this information for people to use it in mean spirited attacks of my husband and me.<P>I did not choose for my first husband to have an aneurysm and develop brain damage before our first anniversary. I was a 22-year-old girl at that time. Have you ever experienced what it is like to one day have your spouse be a functioning, happy person and the very next their personality it totally changed and his mental capabilities greatly diminished? That is what brain damage can do. And his knowledge of the difference drove him to violence. In the end his violence ended in his own death, at his own hand. That marriage is a traumatic event in my life that I choose to share here. <P>As for my second marriage.. One thing that we all know here is that we cannot control another person. We can look inward, seek to improve ourselves, look at our own contributions to state of the marriage. I did these things. But in the end, it takes two people to make a marriage work. Your own advice here on MB to a woman who has a violent husband was:<P>“Your husband is a violent maniac. You need to GET AWAY FROM HIM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!! This is serious business. Do NOT justify ANY of his behavior. It is violent, dangerous, and against the law.<BR>GET AWAY FROM HIM NOW!!!”<P>Would you have advised me differently? <P>And then once this woman took your advice would you put her down as you have me here?<P>If you feel that this is a reason to demean me, then since this is an open forum I suppose you are going to do it.<P>No one here is professing to be an expert on relationships. We are here to learn the MB concepts and to recover our marriages using those concepts. <P>RE: “ You've heard the phrase: "Misery Loves Company". The people on this site are not out to help you, Cascade. They have but one goal, and that is to perpetuate losing, miserable marriages, at ALL costs. "True Love" is not in their vocabulary. KEEP IT IN YOURS!!! “<P>Your posts, from the very beginning have been just plain mean spirited about people who are putting up with horrible treatment from their spouses. I don’t know why I even bother to try to speak to you about anything real. You seem to be so bitter and unhappy. You have shared only one piece of personal information.. that your wife does not meet you at the door in a provocative manner. That’s it. So you take the personal information others give and use it but you are not brave enough to put your own out there.<P>Since you obviously do not agree with the MB concepts I can only wonder why you are here on MB? This is not a forum for openly discussing alternative marriage and relationship styles. This forum is specifically to help people implement the MB concepts in their marriage. If you don’t believe in the MB concepts and do not want to use them in your marriage, then why are you wasting your time here?<P>Do you really believe that the only people who know “true love” are either those WS having affairs and the OP involved with them?<P><BR>Z<P>------------------<BR>He loves not who does not show love.<BR>----William Shakespeare

#931696 07/25/01 01:46 AM
M
M
realitycheck,<P>Shame on you.<P>ML

#931697 07/25/01 01:50 AM
T
T
Welcome home Z and STL...<P>Hope you had a great time!! Glad you are back! I was havin a hard time holding down the fort with WAT...hehe!<P>Trueheart

#931698 07/25/01 01:59 AM
Z
Z
trueheart,<P>Looks like you were working overtime! <P>We did have a great time. We took a car trip through the southern New Mexico - Roswell (of alien fame), Carlsbad Caverns, Cloud Croft, and White Sands. It’s an amazing state. We had a great a time with 4 pre-teens… lots of good educational opportunities with the children. Shoot I learn so much each time I do this. Tomorrow we are off for a day trip to the Indian cliff dwelling in northern NM at Bandalier. <P>Z<BR><P>------------------<BR>He loves not who does not show love.<BR>----William Shakespeare

#931699 07/25/01 08:12 AM
M
mon Offline
M
Why are you so upset? Are you the OW? Did you get dropped?<BR>We are here to help you.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 522 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation