I feel like with my W, she's saying, "I don't know whether or not I want to still be with you. We..."> I feel like with my W, she's saying, "I don't know whether or not I want to still be with you. We...">

Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 266
Z
zen
Offline
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 266
Does Plan A only work when the WS is truly "torn"?<P>I feel like with my W, she's saying, "I don't know whether or not I want to still be with you. We should get separated so that I can figure that out" rather than it being "I still want you to be my husband, but I also want to be with OM."<P>Why am I bothering to Plan A when she clearly isn't even trying to maintain a relationship with me? The only times she's called in the last week is to ask about $$$. When I go by our home, it looks like she's been spending every night away from our house. Maybe I really should be in Plan B.

Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 1,075
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 1,075
[QUOTE]Originally posted by zen:<BR>[B]Does Plan A only work when the WS is truly "torn"?>>><P>No. My H dumped me flat (very unexpectedly) and moved right in with the OW (lied about it the whole time). His exact words when he left "We will NEVER get back together!" Here we are, more than 2 years into recovery and doing better than I ever could have imagined.<P>

Joined: Dec 1969
Posts: 6,937
K
K Offline
Member
K
Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 1969
Posts: 6,937
zen,<P>Often you will have no clue as to how effective your Plan A is until much later. I would urge you to make an excellent, consistant effort in Plan A, especially eliminating all lovebusters.<P>If the two of you are separated, and she's flaunting the affair---that may result in you pushing up your plan B timeframe. But assess how you were as a husband for the last two or so years prior to the affair---if there are major areas that you should be working on, then do so.

Joined: Jul 1999
Posts: 3,247
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jul 1999
Posts: 3,247
Absolutely not! I'm with fairydust.<P>Robert told me he had never really loved me, wished I were dead and was filing for divorce right away as he moved in with PT, opened joint bank and charge accounts and made plans to adopt her little one! <P>Heading now toward 2 years since he came back home (after 7 months) and doing great!! I stayed in Plan A the whole time and plan on it for life!!!!!!!!!! Though I wish we had found another way to accomplish this, I'd never trade THIS marriage for the one we had before!<P>Hang in there!<P>Love,<P>Lori<P>

Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 10,060
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 10,060
OK zen - turn around and I'll kick you in the butt.<P>Don't pay any attention to what she's doing - I know it's hard, but there's NOTHING you can do short of commiting some crime.<P>Plan A is about you. Yes, the desired effect is that the WS sees the improvements and gravitates back to the BS, but one of the major premises of Plan A, IMHO, is that there is little if anything the BS can directly do to separate the affairees. The only way this happens is for one of them to end it - either through guilt and realization of the affair's insanity or because it loses it's luster. Period.<P>Plan A always works from the perspective that it's really about the BS introspectively finding and fixing the problems they contributed to the marriage. If you do this with honesty and an open mind, you can't fail. In doing so, you remove the excuses the WS attributes to you for starting the affair to begin with. But this alone cannot bring them back - the WS has to decide to do this - you just make it easy for them. Get it?<P>WAT

Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 266
Z
zen
Offline
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 266
WAT:<P>That's why I love you, man! You kick me in the butt no matter times I forget.<P>It's just insane how I can learn these principles and then absoutely forget them all when emotion washes over me. It really is like that movie "Memento."<P>Keep kickin' me! and thanks for doing it!<P>zen

Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,661
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,661
Just another kick in the butt for you... we're with you, Zen. Don't let her response affect YOUR Plan A. Keep doing it!


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 37 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0