Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 382
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 382
This thought came across to me because of a recent bad experience I had when I chose a local Christian counselor for my kids.<P>At Steve's suggestion, I sought out advice from my Pastor about getting some family counseling for my daughters. The wife was invited, too, but as expected refused to attend. I went with the girls to a local Christian counselor that was recommended and was elated to see a copy of "His Needs, Her Needs," in the waiting room. Unfortunately, when I talked with the counselor she had never heard of Dr. Harley and thought his principles that I described were terrible. She felt I was hurting my self esteem and could probably do nothing about the situation I was in. Needless to say, that was my only visit to this place.<P>I might suggest that the Harleys build some type of network with counselors that really endorse what they are doing. I believe I remember that someone said something about the MB principles working for not only couples, but extended families as well. I think it would be a great benefit to all.

Joined: Dec 1969
Posts: 6,937
K
K Offline
Member
K
Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 1969
Posts: 6,937
AH:<P>At one time, you could call the MarriageBuilder's office and get a list of counselors who used Harley's materials. I think that the counselors were encouraged to sign up on the website here (and I can't find the link, so maybe this ended up to be a failed effort). MB couldn't vouch for their qualifications, but at least they were supposed to be familiar with the methodology.<P>I think the intention was there, at least at one time. Call the office and find out if they're still doing it.


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0