Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
OP Offline
E
And we seem to be the only ones awake. You have an excuse since you are on the west coast...I'm on the east and just can't sleep...

E
OP Offline
E
Oops, Ok, I spelled it wrong...BINthereDUNthat... sorry! <BR>

E
OP Offline
E
Come to think of it, I spelled it right the first time, but nevertheless... :-)

B
B
HEY WOMAN!<BR>How the heck are you? You are so lucky! You are awake because you can sleep in tomorrow! I'm up because I HAVE to be! (graveyard shift!) 8-O zzzzzzzz! (snore)

B
B
Say, did you get my message on that one thread about hitting your back button to retrieve your "lengthy, insightful posts" that always seem to get erased?! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

E
OP Offline
E
I did, but when I hit the back button, I seem to just go back, not where I was. Ya know? Gotta love Bill Gates...always keeping you guessing. It all depends on the Operating System... arggg.

E
OP Offline
E
Are you at work now?

Z
Z
Hey, hi there. I'm awake too. This darn insomia has plagued me since D-day. Wish my life would settle down so I could just sleep.......<P><BR>Sorry for butting in on your thread, but just wanted to say hi to the other night owls.<P>Z

E
OP Offline
E
waaahhh... don't tell me you passed out... (although I might soon..) I just got to get up and make sure everyone has the right clothes on... and can find socks (oh how I hate hate hate socks..but that's another story) I know you are out there trying to answer posts from people that really need help, but I am sooooo bored... hey, can you im on either aol or msn? (Like only if you want,if not, that's otay too.)

E
OP Offline
E
Hey zorweb... what's shakin? Wow...three people on MB at this time of night.. Atleast now I have something to do instead of getting the mop (reference my post to jdmac) I'm working on overdrive now, catching up....

Z
Z
Hey, I have a solution for socks. My kids could never find a pair. Heck they could never find their socks much less a pair. Now I buy them all the same socks, wash them all together and just keep them in a bucket in the laundry room .. the old sock bucket. I no longer bother to match them and put them away in their rooms. They certainly will not do it. <P>So in the morning, when they are running around saying "I cannot find any socks." I just tell them to look in the sock bucket. They find a pair easily because the socks are all the same. It works wonderfully. <P>Z

Z
Z
Yea but I think that jdmac went to sleep.<P>I'm just bored. I know I need to go to sleep but.......<P>z

E
OP Offline
E
That sounds great but what if the 10 year old girl can only match the six year old boys socks...ok...that is half the problem beat, I'll admit..I have a pair 6 year old socks (well, you know what I mean). I have the sock basket, but it's filled with my *&^%&* WH socks who heaves a big sigh in the morning if his socks aren't in the drawer and has to go to the basket.. drives me insane... WHO made me the queen of socks anyway!?! ARRGH.

E
OP Offline
E
I just was thinking I'd rather be the Queen of Scotts than socks, but then I probably wouldn't be needing a hat in winter, huh? Or the dye I desperately need...

Z
Z
Well, you see I'm very weird. My kids are D-11, S-12, S-13. I buy the same socks for the girl and I do for the boys.<P>D-11 does have a few pair of girly socks but they tend to stay with her laundery. Let me explain.<P>The other thing I do is that I am training everyone in the house to do their own wash. Bought them all these really neat mesh hammpers at Wall-Mart. If they want clean cloths and linen they can carry them to the laundry room and do their wash. <P>Hey I work a very demanding job and have to run the kids all over. So I feel they can help.. and it teaches them independence. <P>So, if they want their socks separate from everyone else's then they can keep them with their own laundry. <P>My H also does his own laundry... I admit that sometimes I help him out. But his socks and with his laundry as he always puts them in his own hamper. So they never get mixed with the kids' socks. <P>And I keep my socks in my own hamper/laundery. There no way I want my socks lost in the bottomless sock bucket. <P>I also wash the towels and the master bedroom linen.<P>Since there is probably a radical difference in the size of your kids socks, maybe you could buy each of your kids very different types of socks. Like all gray ones for your son. All white & girly colored ones for your daugher. Then it would be easy for the kids, even the 6 year old, to match their own socks.<P>I read somewhere that a woman should never do anything for a boy/man over 5 that he can do for himself. I extended that to all children. It is a very liberating concept. <P>So resign from the "Sock Queen" position and the laundress one too. <P>Z<BR>

E
OP Offline
E
It all makes so much sense, exceeepppt... that the "cool" thing now at my kid's school is to have all white socks...I think they are slipping back to the fifties. All white...no stripes..no girly stuff. Atleast my WH socks are large enough (he's 6'3 with feet to match so they (the socks) are easy to distiguish). but he has those stupid dang stripes on the top or those stupid gray thingys on the toes and heels, or gray all on the bottom. Dang, I hate socks, but thanks for trying to help. WAHHH. I can't believe we're having this sock discussion at this time in the morning, but anyway... you made me feel not so alone tonight and I really appreciate it! My kids are 10, 8 and 6... I will consider the whole keep your own clothes clean thing.. now how to deal with a 42 year old without LBing?

Z
Z
Hey, running a household is very important. Maybe if we paid more attention to socks our life would run more smoothly? <P>Here's another idea we have done... Mark each person's socks with their initial in perminent marker. We did this on on the bottom of the heal or toes so that it does not show when they are wearing the socks. Then the kids can fish out the ones with thier own initial. And if you only buy them one type of sock then any two will do.<P>As far as getting your H to do his own cloths? Be very sweet to him, bat your eyelashes and tell him how much you need him to take this responsiblity so that you can spend more time making him happy. Promise something really wild. Make it worth his efforts. <P>Z

Z
Z
Guess I'm off to bed... <P>Night<P>Z

E
OP Offline
E
If I bat one more eyelash, I'll be eyelashless. I have no idea what to do to get this man's attention (oh, hey, maybe sort his socks??) I mean, I've lost my job, lost a very close friend to cancer, been through a tornado, and witnessed the Pentagon attack. I think he has decided to reconsile himself with staying here for the kids, but has nothing to do with me (which is why I am up at this time of night). Well, he is home, and not with pin-ball-bubble-head woman... oh, don't get me started. Gee, aren't I the lucky one.<P>I am about ready to drop, so if I don't respond if you reply, I think this has helped me get to sleep...I gotta get the kids up in a couple hours. Thanks so much for being there when I really needed an ear...wish you were close enough for a shoulder to cry on...

B
B
Hey guys,<BR>Something strange happened and I was not seeing any of your posts until just now and I'm sure you all must be in bed! RATS! Sorry I missed out! The main menu said 13 posts, but when I would click on the thread, I only saw my last replies. WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!!! G-nite maties!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 315 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation