Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 609
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 609
Hey all, I was just thinking that maybe I'd have flowers delivered to WS school on Friday morning. I don't think I've done that more than about twice in 12 years...I know, I know, lousy H, but she just never (at least she says) was that interested in getting them. But a couple of months ago (ironically, within about a week of her PA starting), I got her flowers for the first day of school because she was having a hard time dealing with the fact that her summer was over, and she was ESTATIC!<p>She's going to go to her parents' for the weekend and I'm pretty sure it'll be a stressful one. They're VERY religious and I'm pretty sure they'll try to "convert" her. I've asked them not to, and I've asked her sister to do the same, but WS' mother had a stroke several years ago and has about ZERO impulse control and so if it enters her mind, it exits her lips.<p>Anyway, we probably won't see each other the rest of the week (Monday was our dinner night this week) and I thought I'd send her a bouquet and wish her a happy weekend. Any thoughts.<p>K<p>[ November 07, 2001: Message edited by: kevco- ]</p>

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 5,733
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 5,733
Go .. Kev ... go ... [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] Even W know you do it out of plan A, do it anyway and set it regularly, every Friday [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] . Remember no expectation in return ... [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I would stay away from Family ... not to influence them in any way.

Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 276
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 276
You go man. You are doing great.<p>Keep up the good work. It does get better.

Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 445
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 445
kevco,<p>don't think about it - just do it [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>- Freddy<p>PS. And don't stop with the one - if she likes em, keep it up. You could also be the one to deliver the flowers - and if you do, take a bottle of wine with you. That way, you can have a nice chat over a glass wine too ....good luck

Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 5,247
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 5,247
k -- the lone voice -- don't do it.
I think you're smothering her.<p>She just sent you an e-mail asking for space.
Give her some.

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 404
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 404
You won't like this, but you probably won't be surprised. I am with Lexxy. Don't do it.<p>Look at this from outside yourself. Your wife has just told you 3 weeks ago she is "in love" with another man. You just caught them almost in the act this past weekend. She has asked you to back off. She has said to you (in her e-mail) that she just cannot come back to you. Now granted alot of this is FOG TALK. She can't possibly make an intelligent informed decision about what she wants at this moment in time. <p>But if you send her flowers that says to me - wimp, doormat, loser!! Sorry, to sound so harsh and I am not saying you are those things. But, someone's wife does all of the above and the Husband says, "I love you snookums, here is a dozen roses" - YUCK!<p>Now, if you just cannot get out of your own way and accept this advice and simply must lay down and send the flowers. Then I recommend a note like this:<p>Dear W,
Thought these may brighten your day. I know what you are going through must be very hard. I hope to understand some day what this all means.
Take care,
Kevco<p>Like a friend. Sending sympathy thougths...
Just my .02
M


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0