Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Rick37 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Some remember me, some would not since I have not been around too much in the last several months.<p>I just want to wish everyone the best for this holiday season. I'm doing fine, and have my kids tonight and most of tomorrow.<p>For those that are in relatively new situations, I wish I could somehow impart upon you all that it does get better. It has been a year and a half for me since my marital breakup started (and her affair), but I'm at peace with how things went, and believe that I will have a bright future and I myself will be better off. I fought hard to have the chance to reconcile, but lost that one. I feel bad for my kids, but they are happy children and I do the best I can for them, and I know that this will work out in a positive way. I don't know the path, but I'll find it with the right attitude and the right tools.<p>Plan A and Plan B worked for me, not in that I reclaimed my marriage, but I did my best and am at peace, and I learned so much.<p>Hello to all my friends from the past, and to everyone, and best wishes this holiday season, and next year.

O
O
Hi Rick, <p>I just mentioned you to another poster. Were your ears burning? he he he [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Good to hear from you and glad to know you are able to keep your family and move on. You will continue to bring happiness and a smile to those who care for you. <p>Aloha,
L.

E
E
Hello Rick,<p>I am glad that you are at peace with your situation. I was just posting on another thread how something so horrible can make us better people. I think I'll go post a link to your thread.<p>Best wishes,
Estes

D
D
Rick 37,<p>Great to hear from you, I'm happy for you, you sound like you are in a good place. You'll remember me as JK. I felt like you were my big brother. I disappeared for several months as well. MEt someone and had a great time ( what a women!). It was really good for me. Ended it in Late Oct.
My D proceeding got nasty so I Implemented a modified paln B, no letter, just cut her off, No $$$ ( I got laid off, he, he, he) [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] When I had interaction w/her I was a real [censored]. SHe is now on relationship #2 and a mess. SHe cracked in mid nonvember and begged for my help. Agreed to end relationhsip and enter MB. I agreed. 10 days later back w/OM. In deninal about our agreement. REad recient posts. Per Steve H sent Plan B letter last week, I used alot of your letter. Seems to be taking effect. Thanks, Dad of the year, aka JK.<p>Lets make 2002 a great year.

W
W
Hi Rick - wishing for you and your kids a happy holiday season.<p>Remember, wrinkles only grow where the smiles have been.<p>Dave

A
A
Hey Rick - So good to hear from you and that you are doing so well. Best wishes for a wonderful holiday season and a wonderful life.<p>I have learned so much from you, and know that whatever the outcome is for my marriage (the signs are positive, but I've learned not to count on that) I too will know I've done my best and am a better person because of it.<p>You've also taught me a lot about how to handle it when your spouse has been abducted by aliens and had their brains scrambled. I haven't had to use this info yet, but I value it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Rick37 - you ROCK!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

D
D
Alberta,<p>How does one handel that. Just talked to FIL, recently W visited her family 1500 mi away, 1st time in 2 years. He told me his mother said, THats not her in there. Hmmmmmm, Alians. FIL liked that analogy.

S
S
Rick,<p>It was good to hear/read from you. Like you I am at peace, not as far along as you in some areas, but I think that may have more to do with the fact my marriage was longer (not to say that people who are in shorter relationships have easier)and I was a SHAM for over 15 years. Makes it harder to change your life, the working spouse looks good no matter what.<p>but basically I am at peace and starting to feel happy. this was the 1st happy christmas in a few yrs, & I even shared part of it with STBX, weird.<p>joy & peace to you & your kids this yr.<p>check in more often to let us know, I mostly lurk

D
D
Rick 37,<p>Merry Christmas to you and your kids this season!!<p>I am glad that you are at peace, that is important to find and be at. It is what we are all striving for, some find it within their marriages and some find it after they have ended their marriages. I am still looking for that peace, am not sure where mine will be. I've done a lot of praying and asking for guidance.<p>Take Care and best wishes for a bright neew year!<p>Dawn

T
T
I remember you! I remember you!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>It's good to hear that you are in better spirits. It must have been quite the exciting time in your house with the kids there for xmas eve and day - assuming Santa arrived (grin).<p>All is well here too. I haven't been on here as much lately either. I can't say I've turned 'lurker' yet, b/c I think my absence has more to do with the holidays than anything. Keep us posted to let us know how you're doing.<p>Take care,<p>Karen

M
M
Happy Holidays Rick. I was just wondering about you. Being at peace with yourself is the ultimate goal. Thanks.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation