Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Bellea Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Please, any of you who are praying people, remember my little boy in your prayers. We are leaving in about 20 minutes to meet the doctor at his office. (He was kind enough to do this, instead of telling us to take him to the emergency room.) <p>He's been sick since the Wednesday before Christmas, starting off as just an annoying lump on the right side of his neck, under his ear. It got worse over the weekend before Christmas, and Christmas Eve morning, we called the doctor told him it was worse, and he prescribed an antibiotic. Then, the day after Christmas we took him AGAIN, and he got a roceflin (spelling?) shot. <p>It seemed to help. He felt a little better. Then by this past weekend, he was feeling worse again. His temp started staying up over 100. It has not been under 101 since Sunday night. [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I have been really worried and had a bad feeling about this. I have prayed. I have put it over in God's hands, now it's just getting some legs on those prayers! Please if you can spare a few minutes today, think of Evan. He just turned 8 Friday, the 28th. He's scared too.<p>Thanks in advance.

B
B
So sorry to hear about your son. I will pray for both of you and please let us know how he is doing. God bless you both!
BH

E
E
Dear {{{Bellea}}},<p>Please, Lord, wrap your child Evan in your loving arms. Calm and strengthen him and his family during this frightening time. Thank you for your loving presence in our lives. Amen<p>Please get back to us about the condition of your precious little boy. <p>Estes

M
M
Oh Bellea, <p>You are in my prayers...I also have a precious 8 year old. <p>I hope you find some help today at the doctor's. Let us know how you are doing!!!

F
F
I will make sure I remember your son in my prayers. I hope that everything will be ok.

Z
Z
I am praying for you and your son. Please keep us posted as I know we are all concerned for him.

D
D
Our father who art in heaven
hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven
give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our tresspasses as we forgive those that tresspass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil for thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever and ever. Amen<p>Bellea, you and your family are in my prayers.
I pray that our Lord keeps your little boy in His loving embrace<p>Dawn

H
H
Bellea, I am praying for Evan, I have 2 boys, one 9 and one 3... I am sorry your son is having this illness... hopefully it will pass. I am praying for you that God will bless you and your family with good health and a good start to this new year. Lord Father please help Bellea have strength even though in this time of hardship and sorrow she still needs to be a strong MOmmy and there for her scared son.<p>Let your son see your strength and grow from it, positive thoughts and prayers can strengthen you. YOu have done a wonderful thing by coming here and strengthening the prayers for your son.<p>I will continue to think of you and Evan, please come back and let us know how he is, as we are all concerned.<p>Hugs, HONEY

H
H
Bellea, My sons are saying prayers for Evan too, they are John and Wesley, 9 and 3.. they care for him too and we are all hoping to hear that he is doing better.<p>HONEY

B
Bellea Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thank you thank you THANK YOU for all the prayers and thoughts you sent our way.<p>I have always had a strong faith, and believe in the power of prayer, and today was a very strong reinforcement of that for me!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I posted my plea for prayer about 15 minutes before we left for the doctor. At that time he was still running a temp of about 103.4, possibly higher, because the last time he would let me check it was this morning. And I know my boy was really REALLY hot! Anyway, from the time we left (1:45 pm Central) till the time we ended up in the Emergency Room two and a half hours later, when the nurse took his temp, it was NORMAL!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>They did the blood tests to see what was the original cause of all this, and the doctor seems to think it is probably cat scratch fever, with only a slight possibility it is mononucleosis (which we will find out a week from today). We still have a little fever left to fight, but we have the right medicine now. And my 8 yr old, who normally freaks out over needles, stayed relatively calm when they drew the blood! I KNOW it had to be all your prayers.<p>Please forgive me for not taking time to respond to some of the other posts, I wanted to let you know how much better he is, but I need to not be on the computer tonight. I quickly scanned a few of them though, and you will be in my thoughts, and as soon as I can, I will do some share/caring [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I can't say thank you enough. But thank you to all. Mostly,I have been saying it to God Himself all afternoon. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

T
T
Hello Bellea, I am so glad to hear from you about your son. I will keep you and your son in my prayers. <p>Hugs

M
M
That is great news!!! I have been thinking about you and your son all day. You must really be relieved. I am glad you wrote to tell us.

Z
Z
Great news that it's cat scratch fever because it is currable. But it is also very dangerous so take very good care of the littel guy.

E
E
Bellea,<p>Checking in to see how Evan is doing. Hope he is improving.<p>Estes

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 524 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation