Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
Orchid Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Ok, having a rotten day but here's what brightened it a bit. First the bad news: H called to give me some bad news. My girlfriend's mom just past away. Already dealing with one of my ee's grandmother passing away and with all the work crap and A left overs I am just a bit down. My boss (jokingly) even asked how I was doing and I said I feel lower than dirt. <p>So H calls to give me this news. I cry. H acts like ok, get over it and I get upset. I said I wish I could be like you. After a great pause, he says he did not even cry at his brother's furneral, he just isn't like that. He knows he needs to have more compassion. Then he says at least he is not like 'some people' who don't care about others & only care about their money. <p>I was already crying, I didn't quite get it. I thought he was talking about his grandfather. Anyway he says that even though he is not compassionate enough at least he cares enough to stay and not go to OW who is right now upset because he will not take her $$$$!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Am I shocked? No. I knew she offered him $$ in the past but didn't realize she was still trying to offer more. H said that one thing about him is that even though he is poor he will not stoop to taking other people's money and then be indebted to them so he can be used. Hm...... <p>I guess this is a good thing. So maybe the OW will start advertising herself again. <p>OW AVAILABLE....
WILL EVEN PAY $$$$ FOR S3X~?!?!?
PLENTY OF $$$$ TO GIVE AWAY.... LIKE SELLING YOUR SOUL TO THE DEVIL.
[img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] Yuck!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Oh well, just another story to add to the growing A novel. I'll bet if we all put our stories together we could put together the most horrendous soap opera ever..... LOL!!<p>L.

[ January 10, 2002: Message edited by: Orchid ]<p>[ January 10, 2002: Message edited by: Orchid ]</p>

S
S
HEY-- I bet she is related to my H's OW!! That's just how she worked too!!<p>"Hairy Psychotic Desperate Older Woman will gladly pay any amount to buy your H and all his friends too - just for their for support."<p>Pretty pathetic existance if you ask me- but it really seems to work for some people.

H
H
How much is she paying???<p>J/K [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

W
W
Hey Orchid!!! Sign me up to receive handouts - since I'm across the continent, maybe I won't have to deliver. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>WAT

I
I
Orchid,<p> I am so sorry that this has happened to you. I wish I could take the pain away. Your H's reaction to this is unexplainable. He should at least feel empathetic toward your pain. I am sorry.<p>Indy

R
R
Okay ... BTDT too, O.<p>During my XH's Fence Sitting, OW gave him her SS check of $7000.00, I found it in his bookbag. I think she thought it would knock him off the Fence, but it didn't.<p>Where did she get the $$$ you ask? OW filed for Disability (leaky silicone Ta Tas syndrome) and finally they paid her, including back payments. I don't know for sure, but wouldn't you call that a bribe?<p>It's fascinating what some OW will do and say, I don't think I can be shocked anymore, I think I may have seen it all. <p>O,
I'm wondering why your H even told you about this. What was his point?<p>Lv,
Jo<p>[ January 09, 2002: Message edited by: Resilient ]</p>

H
H
The ow in my H's life, pays for everything, and even pd his first month's rent when he moved out and left me... GREAT HUG? REally desperate woman. HONEY

T
T
I am truly sorry for you pain Orchid, I wish I could take it all away.<p>
On a brighter note however, If miss "Psycho Babble Rabbit" (I think thats what you called her once???) Is handing out $$$ I'll take some, It could really help with the bills you know. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I pray for God To help you through this pain. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

O
Orchid Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Ohh you are all so sweet. Actually H is coming to realize the error of his ways. Hm...... too bad it took this much. <p>You all know me, I had to find some humor in this sick act of OW. Some people think they can buy love. Isn't that in a song somewhere!?!?!? <p>I am also amazed at the guys that are soo sympathetic. Not to categorize or anything but this makes me feel good. By the way I love the fact that you can laugh with me.<p>Thanks,
L.

H
H
Maybe you should get him to take the money then go out and spend it like crazy on just yourself. Get a massage and a pedicure. I'm sorry you are going through this too [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img]

O
Orchid Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Dear Hoping, <p>Well, I did.....tell him to go get the $$$.. he he he. After all he said his family was 'priceless'. So I said I would settle for 1 million. He said, she is not that rich.... I said, ok your debts and..... 100k. He said oh, she can't afford that......ok...just your debts and a new outfit for me...50k... [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] .... nope she still can't afford. I said, oh why bother, I don't think she even has money to buy me an outfit much less payoff what you owe.... While he can't prove she doesn't have money, he can't really prove she does either. At one point (in August), she did whip out that checkbook (that was when he was begging to come home), but I said, I don't trust her nor her checkbook so I'll just take CASH! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Hmmmph...... knew it would never happen! Called his bluff! Of course she was never planning to pay for anything. All of us in the real world would know how stupid that would be. But I was speaking fogese to H and he was actually thinking about it. Dumb WS! Anyway, he really did not want to be indebt to her (s3x with her was not considered debt) [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] . Go figure. <p>I did get the massage. Another dept in my company appreciated some work I did for them last year and sent me a $150.00 gift certificate at a local spa. It was very nice. The trigger is that OW use is a massage type person (but she works at a chiropractor) but it was hard for me to go to the spa because of her profession I had to make sure she did not work at that spa!!! I called and checked it out before making my appointment. I mean, can you imagine what would have happened if she was there?!?!?! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Oh well, that was in the past. Moving forward here. <p>L.

D
D
O,<p>I guess the OW dosn't know, "money can't buy you love". <p>What stupidity on her part, Does H realize what kind of value system she has, ore dosn't have in this case. I hope he does and I hope he is smart enought to realize how lucky he is to have you!

O
Orchid Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Jo, <p>Why did he tell me? I think to let me know he still retains some dignity! Well that's good, I guess. He does seem to be trying. <p>He said that his uncle or grandfather can never make the claim that H is out to get their money because he is not that way. This I believe. Just wish he could have retained his dignity with himself. Well it is water under the bridge.....<p>Gotta be able to move forward. Think I'll make it?!?!? <p>L.

O
Orchid Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Hi dad,<p>Thanks for the support and 'compliment'. You got me blushin'..... [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Take Care,
L.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation