Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
I'm in plan A, and have been hanging around for 10 months now, finally doing great. I'm hoping to be in recovery soon, we are IC. I have a few forward thinking questions.<p>I realize my part in the A and what I did wrong in the M, so assuming I become the perfect spouse<p>How can the WS ever trust the BS again?<p>Does the WS ever admit to any wrong doing in the realtionship? or accept responsibility for their behavior and the damage and pain they have caused? <p>Currently its all about me meeting her needs, when does it begin to reciprocate?

O
O
Well dad here's my 2 cents..... it begins after she starts to feel needed and secure. For her to feel love may be a bit much to ask therefore, your needs may not be met for a while. <p>Look at it like helping someone get over a very bad flu. Now they can get out of bed but not quite ready to go back to work. Still hacking and running a fever. Not much energy yet. May even have a relapse or two. <p>You don't have to be there to make them 100% well but you can get them started and they will know you are there when you need to be. Eventually as she gets stronger she can start meeting your needs. <p>.....or you can be like me and let her know (gently) that you'd appreciate bit of appreciation or reassurance too. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>BE PATIENT!<p>Take Care,
L.

D
OP Offline
D
O,<p>Thanks,
Good Stuff!!! I get it!!!<p>Any ideas on things to say or do to halp make her feel needed and secure.

L
L
In your profile it says that she was back with OM as little as a month ago.<p>IMO, its far too soon for you to be expecting her to be feeling in-love and wanting to meet your needs.<p>She is very likely still in withdrawal.

T
T
Just you wait, dad...<p>Right now she's not ready, so it's you that wants everything to be better today, today, today! When she's ready, it'll be her that wants everything "fixed" immediately (and therefore making more of an effort to meet your needs) and probably you that wants to keep talking about the issues (and being withdrawn).<p>I don't think there will ever be a time when you can (or should) "stop" making this effort to meet her needs...and no stopping point for her once she's ready to start meeting yours. It may be exhausting...but if it's what it takes to keep your relationship healthy and happy...isn't it worth it?<p>[ January 10, 2002: Message edited by: TowardsTheFuture ]</p>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 584 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation