Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#969082 01/10/02 03:20 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Sorry I haven't posted in a while - my son got a nasty virus, so I've been taking care of him.<p>Anyway, I got home Friday, and H and I talked to my stepfather (who has a lot of political connections down in King Co.), and he said that the XW did not have a foot to stand on (she threatened to sue H for child support and alimony - even though she is remarried and the kids are not even my H's!) Plus, H made the mistake of giving her our home phone number (talk about a stupid attack!)<p>So she called later that night - H was out getting groceries. I probably should have just let the machine pick it up, but I'm a very confrontational person, so I answered it. She curtly said, "I need to talk to [H]." I told her that he wasn't in, and that I knew what was going on and I didn't appreciate her threatening my family.<p>She ended up going Springer on me, calling me all sorts of nasty names and saying that she was going to sue for everything we had, blah blah blah. I told her, "[H] isn't even their biological father - he's never even SEEN those kids! You're just wasting your money if you try to sue." She went on to say that it didn't matter b/c kids had H's last name, and that in the state of KY that makes him financially responsible. She talked about how broke her family was and that somebody needed to pay.<p>I told her, "fine. If you try suing us for child support, we will countersue you for custody of those kids." <p>She freaked out then - "you can't do that!"<p>I said, "if you're telling me that [H] is financially responsible for them, we most certainly can. And if you're as bad off as you say you are, it probably would be better."<p>Needless to say, I scared the hell out of her, and I don't think she'll be harassing us anytime soon. I could tell that she was just trying to be vindictive - I probably should have turned the other cheek, but then the witch would still be calling our house at all hours. But it's definitely handled.<p>Thanks for all of the support Friday when I was sweating this so badly - it helped a lot!

#969083 01/10/02 05:27 PM
C
C
CB,<p>You rule!<p>Next time I need a little assistance handling someone, I'll come get you. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

#969084 01/10/02 07:55 PM
Z
Z
Fight fire with fire... or is it venom with venom... you done good!!!<p>I had not thought of the taking custody issue. That's great. When you think of it she must be a very pathetic and desprite person. How sad.

#969085 01/10/02 08:00 PM
N
N
Whoo Hooooooooo [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] You DO rule!!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,169 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation