I'm not really sure where to post this because it doesn't really "fit" anywhere. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I very seldom make New Year's Resolutions, but this year I would really like to make some changes in my life. I'm just not sure where to start and don't really know if I can break some life-long habits. Any ideas will be welcome. Here goes:<p>1. I have always been on the quiet, shy side. H, and most recently my mom, have even said that I come across as "aloof." This is entirely unintentional, and I would really like to change. I want to be warm and approachable...even FUN!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] Most people say that I am likable, funny even, when they get to know me. I just need help breaking out of my shell.<p>2. I need to be firmer with my girls. No major "issues" or problems here, just that I tend to let them take advantage of me by giving in and doing something (or usually going somewhere) when I don't really want to. I need to be comfortable conveying to them that they can't always do what they want, when they want. I try, but I don't seem to be able to "just do it." <p>I feel kind of silly asking for your help, but I really would appreciate any suggestions.