Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
Orchid Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Well, you all have had to put up with me for 1 year now. I want to give a special thanks to all that helped me and lived through my long stories with all the gory details. <p>You all literally saved me many times over. I can't thank you and MB enough. What a wild wild ride I went on. There is no roller coaster in the world that can compare to this A stuff. Virtual or real, this A is the worst ride I have ever been on. <p>I hope that all you new ones out there that have to ride that coaster apply MB principals and make your ride shorter. I was a bit stubborn, ok very stubborn and it took a while for all of it to sink in. <p>My recommendation is to read, listen, vent, read, listen and vent. Talk with Steve or Jennifer. Don't just post here, read the books (suriving an A and his needs/her needs, etc.). They are very helpful. For me it helped since I was not able to go to a counselor as often as I needed. It took work on my part (over 3000 posts) but it also served as therapy for me. <p>What I have learned here I will forever remember. I share the quips and quotes from here with friends and family. Even work mates. Hmm...... plan B the other dept?!??! Well maybe not always but some of the principles learned here I have been able to implement to a degree and having good results. <p>Anyway, I am rambling now and it is getting rather late. Just wanted to say thanks to all. <p> [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Mahalo,
L.

E
E
Orchid...<p>Those of us who have been around a while should also thank you, O.<p>Your support and input have been valuable to me and, I know others on this board must feel the same way.<p>We are all here under extremely difficult circumstances but we are here for each other. It shows there is still a lot of goodness out there no matter what misery has seeped into our individual lives.<p>Sorry you have had to be here O, but the rest of us are better off for it... [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Take care <p>E

V
V
Orchid, <p>I would like to second what Elad said! I consider you to be one of the most valuable and insightful posters on these boards. I read your input and insight with interest and in an attempt to learn and understand. I, for one, would like to thank you for your wisdom. The reasons you are here STINK (as they do for all of us) but at the end of the day, the advice and help you offer to everyone is incredible. I thank you, from the bottom of my healing heart for your presence here. <p>As my mother always says, "Everything happens for a reason". <p>love,
Venusenvy

O
O
Orchid,
Thank you for your help and support that you have given me since you came on board. <p>Here my cyberhug to you:<p>{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Orchid}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<p>You are a stronger and better woman now. I know you will be fine no matter what.<p>Take care.

H
H
Orchid, Thanks again for your help you have offered me... I am glad you are doing better... I can't believe you were once stubborn... being a newer person... about 3 months in... I know I have looked to your insight and posts with thankfulness... it is obvious how much you have grown... you make me want to read the book again...<p>Hugs, HONEY [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

W
W
Good job, L.<p>For your sake I hope next year this time you don't have over 7000 posts [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] .<p>You have helped many here and you are very respected. I am proud to call you a friend.<p>Dave

G
G
Orchid--<p>Ditto to what everyone has said. You have been a great help<p>{{{{{{{Orchid}}}}}}}<p>
Guido [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

O
O
Hello Orchid,<p>I think we were newbies together, as I started posting in the first week of January last year. I vaguely remember 'meeting' last yeat about this time.<p>It is good to see how well you have dealt with this trauma. You are strong and deserving woman. Don't you ever forget that! Okay?<p>Hugs,<p>OneDay

T
T
Orchid,<p>A little while ago, I read through some of your earlier posts (somewhere before 1000, I'm not sure). I then compared them to more recent ones and saw an incredible transformation. You begged, you pleaded, you suffered, you grieved, you let go...and you grew. <p>I applaud you and your recovery. I cherish your posts. I thank-you for helping me to survive the pain. If you are still next here, we will be the lucky ones. <p>BTW, I think we'll need an MB reunion someday. I nominate you as president of the alumni!

F
F
I'm so thankful for YOU!!! <p>You are certainly a blessing on this forum, although obviously, you would much rather not have the circumstances in your life that brought you here. I know you have found, like I have, personal strength and growth through this time of adversity in our life.<p>Thank you for being you, and sharing your endless thoughts, wisdom, strength and compassion. <p>Love you!
Faith1

R
R
L,
Thanks for your help and working at the sweat shop you might still have to burn those counter up 'till you retire from there .... LOL !!. Your help are valuable to all of us.

H
H
Hi Orchid!!! One year already, wow. Time does fly. D-Day #1 anniversary is in 4 weeks for me, wish me luck!!<p>Just wanted to say thanks again for all the help you have given me and I hope things are going well for you. We have not talked in a while, we will have to catch up soon!!<p>Hugz,
HbH

K
K
L.<p>Stubborn, you, NEVER! [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I just wanted to pop in and say you are an amazing woman. Thank you for all you've done for me and all of MB. You are truly a treasure and don't you EVER forget it.<p>If you ever start to doubt me, I'll break out the squishy bat. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Hugs, love and prayers to you, dear friend.<p>K/DSN/LostNCO
[H]'s wife [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

N
N
You are a wonderful, insightful, lovely person who has been SOOOOO SUPPORTIVE!!<p>Happy ONE-YEAR!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

N
N
dear orchid-<p>i could never express to you how much it meant to me in one of my worst times to know someone was there. you and redhat were supportive and comforting when i felt all was lost. i learned (unfortunately) through the pain of others i will make it and come out a better person for it. thank you for being here.<p>this is for you and red-<p>may today there be peace within you.
may you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."<p>
you guys are my quiet angels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<p>thank you for all the good you do. j

G
G
<p>[ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: MMMMM ]</p>

B
B
Hi Orchid,
I am relatively new here, but in the month that I have been here, you have been WONDERFUL! Your insight and wisdom is something I admire. As is certainly obvious by this thread, you are Respected, Admired, and Loved by many people!
Thanks for being YOU.
BH

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 309 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation