<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by LuvOnTheRox:
<strong> his favorite line is... youre never gonig to let me live this down are you?</strong><hr></blockquote><p>This so reminds me of my H's "It's just a PLACE!", to which I said, "Our bed is just a bed, but what if I had been with another man in it?" He contended that that was different. It's double standards all the way for my H.<p>I'm trying to think of non-LB ways to answer a question like your H's. The fact is that this refusal to acknowledge what these places, things, dates, etc., represent to us, that each one takes us right back to when we were being stabbed in the back and that we feel each and every laceration all over again, is inflicting the injury on us all over again.<p>If you had been raped at that place, would he take you to buy cigarettes there, or would he manage to somehow muster up the sensitivity to steer the car somewhere else?<p>What this is is a lack of empathy on the part of the perpetrator for their victim, and it shows me that my H does not accept the depth of the wound he inflicted on me, hence he is not fully owning what he did, which means he is still minimizing and rationalizing, which is exactly what got him into an A in the first place.<p>The way I'd like to respond to that particular LB is: "You're never going to bind the wounds you inflicted on me and help me to heal, are you?"<p>This type of attitude reveals that it is STILL all about them. [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Sorry, Luv, you were subjected to that. I have reminders and triggers all over town, too, not to mention that I believe they did it in one of our cars. GACK! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] <p>If they could only understand that they themselves are ENOUGH of a trigger/reminder that we sure don't need any more foisted onto us if they want to repair the damage they did to the M.<p>[ January 17, 2002: Message edited by: Conqueror ]</p>