Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#974150 02/03/02 10:19 PM
J
J.R. Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi all,<p>I've got another Plan B letter draft... it's up on Plan A/B, follow this: http://www.marriagebuilders.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=30&t=001123<p>It's sad that I even need to think about this, but..... I'm almost there!

#974151 02/03/02 11:34 PM
D
D
JR,<p>It looks good, I suggest you need to be more serious or explecit regarding the no contact portion of the letter. The WS needs to really get it.<p>Good luck.

#974152 02/10/02 09:33 PM
J
J.R. Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Bump - made some revisions.... think it's ready....

#974153 02/10/02 09:59 PM
G
G
Ok, this letter has to sound like it comes from you - so please disregard any suggestion I make that makes it sound too formal or not like you - but I'm an English major and a few things popped out.<p>
My Dear Connie,<p>God give me strength &#8211; this is the hardest thing I&#8217;ve had to write, ever.<p>In the past while, as I&#8217;ve said before, I&#8217;ve been able to reflect on things in a new light. I can see that I&#8217;ve tolerated your affair out of my honest love for you, out of hope that you&#8217;d come to see that I can not only be your best friend, but your romantic lover, and that you&#8217;d accept this willingly. I fear that I&#8217;ve reached a point where I can do no more to show you this. <p>[... to see that not only can I be your best friend, but also your romantic lover ......(not onlys and but alsos go together)]<p>
Connie, I apologize to you from the bottom of my heart for my part in creating an environment that helped make your affair with both OM#2 and OM#1 possible. Based on my growth and understanding, I will avoid the mistakes I&#8217;ve made in the past and create a new life for both of us that will be fulfilling and based on genuine love and respect. But I cannot do that with you until you end your relationship with OM#2 once and for all, and commit to making other specific changes in your life that are consistent with building a happy marriage.<p>Until then, I can no longer see or talk to you because of the pain I am feeling because of your choice to continue your relationship with OM#2. We must conduct ourselves as the future will really be, not given other choices. I will be moving out within the next few days. I would suspect that you will want to move also, and that&#8217;s certainly up to you. I have some specific correspondence for your family also, explaining my decision. I will send it a couple of days after I leave, so I would expect that you talk to them yourself before that. We must also establish a go-between for all communications &#8211; I&#8217;ve asked Doug to do this ([his email]). All written correspondence and mail can be forwarded directly. [I took out the part about legal separation - BUT - see below question.]<p>I ask you to respect my decision to be separated from you in this way. It is not done out of malice, revenge, or anything remotely like that. I do it to protect my remaining love for you. You certainly know about the suffering I have endured because of your relationship with OM#2, and the things that you have said over the past months, and I simply can&#8217;t maintain contact with you any longer, knowing that you persist in holding on to both of us. I still love you dearly but I cannot see you under these conditions, and continued contact of any type threatens my remaining love for you. I&#8217;ve missed you so very much the last few months, and I can&#8217;t bear to continue like this, Connie.<p>As soon as you are willing to permanently and fully separate from OM#2, I will be open to talking about the possibility of reconciliation, and the things necessary to build a strong future together. As you are certainly aware, feelings can be fickle and unpredictable, but my resolve in building a happy life as a complete person is one thing that will never change. I don&#8217;t say that out of selfishness, but because I&#8217;m a survivor, and one who [whom] I&#8217;m confident you would love dearly as your husband, married in trust and happiness.<p>I would love to see our marriage restored some day. I want us to be best friends, create an environment where we can be joyous, avoid unhappiness, and thrive with passion and genuine bonding of husband and wife. I know that so very much is possible &#8211; and I hope that you do too. What do I see? A house, a garden, happy, beautiful children, thrilled grandparents, and us standing tall &#8211; simple things. I wish this for you and I. I have all along in my heart of hearts.<p>I loved you when we married and I continue to love you right up to this day. I just cannot be with you or help you in any way as long as you are seeing OM#2. I hope that I can see you again someday. [Is that too manipulative? It certainly is more dramatic, no?? ] <p>[ - No, but you'll eventually see her - even if it's a kid function or divorce court, but you could put I hope that we will be together someday, or that you will choose to return to the marriage someday....]<p>With my truest love,
J.R.<p>Does she have Doug's e-mail? <p>Get your support group in place. I know this is hard, but you can do it. K

#974154 02/11/02 12:29 PM
W
W
J.R. - I apologize for my tardiness in responding to this post.<p>I think your letter is really good. I have one suggestion that maybe close to splitting hairs, but I'll offer it anyway:<p>I suggest you reverse the order of the first two paragraphs (not counting the first stand alone sentence) and throw in a more direct reference to your pain -<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Connie, I apologize to you from the bottom of my heart for my part in creating an environment that helped make your affair with both (OM#1) and (OM#2) possible. I am determined to avoid the mistakes I’ve made in the past and create a new life for both of us that will be fulfilling and based on genuine love and respect. But I cannot do that until you end your relationship with (OM#2) once and for all, and commit to making other specific changes in your life that are consistent with building a happy marriage.<p>In the past while, as I’ve said before, I’ve been able to reflect on things in a new light. I can see that I’ve tolerated this current situation, out of my honest love for you, out of hope that you’d come to see that I can not only be your best friend, but your romantic lover, and that you’d accept this willingly. But now I realize that I’ve reached a point where I can do no more to show you this and it is simply too painful for me to continue. <hr></blockquote><p>Hope this helps.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 597 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation