Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
About 3 weeks ago I return a call to W @ 12:45 PM, She says she is outside of her office in the car having a panic attack, I calm he down and assure her everything will all right. Next day daughter (5) gets sick, I have the kids overnight and take care of her. The next AM she is still sick and I drop her off with W @ work. Earlier that AM, W and I have # 2 session w/ SH. These sessions stir up emotions in both of us. By 4PM W and Daughter are at pediatrician. W calls and is on the way home and says daughter has needed to go to the ped. For three weeks and she hasn’t had time to take her. I said BS, you make time for OM. Blah blah blah. Sounds like negligence to me. She is taking daughter home and they are going to bed, she is exhausted. Hmmm wonder what she was doing night before when I had kids. It’s my night, I said no way, she argues that daughter should be with Mom. I said no way my time. Fine I pick up daughter at W house, major argument. She is screaming at me as I stand in the front door and actually @ charged me.
I take daughter and pick up son at daycare. <p>Next day I keep daughter with me. W calls mid-morning and we get into it again. SH sessions have emotions going. I suggest she must stop seeing OM or we are wasting our time. It will end eventually anyway. Says she can&#8217;t because she thinks she is in love with him. But also tells me he broke up with her in November because he couldn&#8217;t handle the kids, but 10 days later called her back (horney I guess) . She never told me this before. I go ballistic, and tear her a new A#$hole. (If you don&#8217;t know she called me in November to work on M). I threaten to use daughter against him to break up relationship. She goes nuts and eventually hangs up. <p>An hour later she shows up at my door and is a mess, &#8220;you win&#8221; and is shakin and cryin, get my affairs in order. Hands me a bottle of zanac I gave her in November. You win, get my affairs in order.
She spends the next two days in my bed on zanac &#8220;sleeping it off&#8221; as she says. I take care of the kids, and schedule an appointment with the psyco-therapist. She goes and the therapist get her stable. She is in therapy now, 2-4 hours a week. I&#8217;m not supposed to talk to her. I met with therapist twice. She has me in plan A, she calls it &#8220;Mr. Clean.&#8221; I don&#8217;t know if W is seeing OM, therapist &#8220;doesn&#8217;t recommend it&#8221;. I don&#8217;t know what W told OM or anyone else. I try to avoid W and not speak to her; I really don&#8217;t want to talk to her at all. She initiates all contact. She has been calling regarding the kids and tries to talk about other stuff but I just hurry off the phone. I&#8217;m really angry and I&#8217;m protecting her from me I guess. S Harley says to treat her like a queen. <p>Not sure why I posted, just needed to vent. But I&#8217;ve been very angry lately.<p>[ February 03, 2002: Message edited by: dadoftheyear ]</p>

G
G
Why doesn't therapist want you to talk to her. I know she is confused, but if she's in withdrawal she needs you now and better for her to be able to lean on you then to be tempted to go back to OM. <p>I wonder sometimes what the goal of these therapists are. I know they want people to be happy - but at what cost? Is living apart from your spouse supposed to make you happy? In an non-Christian world I guess. Last I checked it wasn't the world that made people happy, it was following God's commandments, and doing God's will is about the only thing that will make you happy - at least in the long run. <p>Sorry you have to go through all of this. I pray for a good outcome. Hang in there. K

L
L
Just my opinion, but I think the therapist would recommend that because your interactions are upsetting rather than calming.<p>You need to be a "safe" place for her. And if you are LBing and making selfish demands or angry judgements, then you are not the safety she can turn to.<p>It also sounds like she's in crisis -- and thats nothing to take lightly. Maybe she's sending you a message that you're pushing too hard right now. I know that there was a point in time that both BS and OM were pushing me too hard. And it was a scary and dangerous place. I confided in my counselor, and eventually to both of them that I was in danger of taking my own life. <p>I don't know if she's expressed anything like that to you, but be careful with her.

D
OP Offline
D
Lexxy, Thanks for the reply,
"It also sounds like she's in crisis -- and thats nothing to take lightly. Maybe she's sending you a message that you're pushing too hard right now."
I had to get her into counseling, She confided in FIL that she neeed help in November but did'nt do anyhting about it. I've known for a long time she needed help, and suggested she get it, but part of her issue or "disorder" is you can't tell her enything.
"You need to be a "safe" place for her. And if you are LBing and making selfish demands or angry judgements, then you are not the safety she can turn to."<p>Iv'e backed way off and infact she initiates all contact, I am politly short with her. <p>Just takin it day by day.

S
S
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dadoftheyear:
<strong>Just takin it day by day.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Thanks all you can do.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation