Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#975944 02/12/02 05:51 PM
D
dskef Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I have to know. We've been trying to recover now for the last 5 months. We get along great there is no fighting, we are best friends but there is that lack of intimacy. My wife won't initiate sex, I seem to be the only one who actually wants sex. I still have images from the graphic e-mails that I had found upon discovery.<p>My question is... Is it normal this far into recovery to one day want things to workout and the next know that this is not what you want in a marriage and want to just end it? The flip flopping back and forth is driving me nuts.

#975945 02/12/02 06:12 PM
D
D
I can understand how you feel about one day wanting things to work and then just feeling like it never will. I think it will just take time and as you are further in recovery than I am I don't have a lot of advice, but it just feels good to know that what we are going thru is normal. Yesterday I felt good about things, myself and being stronger and now today I feel very down again, I know it will get easier but I am an impatient person and want to fix things NOW! I am learning a lot about myself from reading and on this sight, and I would encourage you to read as much as possible. Sometimes I don't like what I see in myself but I know I also need to change certain behaviors. Have you checked out the book "divorce busting" it's very good and has a lot of common sense things in it to improve yourself and your marriage. Good luck, and hope you feel better. L.

#975946 02/12/02 06:33 PM
J
J
dskef,<p>I can only speak from personal experience that the flip flopping is very common for us.10 months working on recovery. It is also driving me mad but I guess it is part of the process.
You are not alone.
Hang in.
Jim

#975947 02/12/02 08:08 PM
F
F
Not much help I know, just hang on to the love that you have for her and keep at it. Eventually she will get there, I hope sooner thatn later as I know that it is hard.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 188 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation