Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#976053 02/13/02 12:16 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Like most everyone here, I've ridden the horrible roller coaster of surviving infidelity and betrayal in my marriage. Keeping my inner peace has been a constant struggle, and I've failed at it many times. I heard this true story the other day, and it really brought home to me what peace really is:<p>In 1870's Horatio Spafford was a prosperous man with wealth, property, and a big loving family. His life was happy and successful in every way. Then Spafford lost all of his property, and subsequently his wealth, in the Chicago Fire. Shortly after that, he lost his only son in an accident. <p>When Spafford began to get back on his feet, he and his wife decided to take a trip to Europe with their 4 daughters. His wife and girls were to go by ship, and Horatio would follow soon after. As their ship pulled into the harbour in England, a tremendous storm blew up and the ship sank. All four of their daughters drowned, but his wife survived. Horatio got a telegram from her with two words: "Alive. Alone."<p>Spafford got on the next ship to be with his wife. When his ship got near the same harbour, he asked the Captain to show him precisely where the tragedy had occured. The captain told him when they reached the exact spot in the harbour. <p>At that moment, Horatio Spafford walked to the rail of the ship and looked out over the calm waters of the harbour. He took out a small notebook and a pen, and wrote these words:<p>"When peace like a river attendeth my way, or when sorrows like sea billows roll, whatever my lot Thou hast taught me to say, it is well, it is well with my soul."<p>
I've heard that song all my life, but when I heard the story behind it I was blown away. I pray that we can all find that kind of peace in our present circumstances.<p>Saved<p>[ February 13, 2002: Message edited by: savedbygrace ]</p>

#976054 02/13/02 12:23 PM
S
S
great post. I must admit though for a moment I wasamazed at the name choice [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

#976055 02/13/02 12:34 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Oh, my gosh! I guess because there aren't any spaces in mine the "powers that be" didn't disallow my choice. Sorry! I thought of several others, and will gladly change my "name" to avoid any future confusion ... but how do I do that? I tried to change it before but it told me that a name was already taken for my e-mail address (duh - me). Help! Anyone?<p>Saved (#2)

#976056 02/13/02 03:25 PM
A
OP Offline
A
I did it! I'm not terribly computer savvy, but I did figure out how to change my "name". Sorry for the toe-steppage!<p>at peace (formerly known as "savedbygrace"

#976057 03/06/02 03:40 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Just a gentle reminder to myself (and anyone else) to seek after peace........<p>Lori

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 697 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation