Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#976783 02/17/02 01:59 AM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,661
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,661
Do you have an update? anything new? How are you?

#976784 02/16/02 03:22 PM
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 8,069
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 8,069
Very much needed bump! ^<p>Kevco? <p>Jo

#976785 02/17/02 10:46 PM
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 223
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 223
We're still here for you! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

#976786 02/17/02 11:14 PM
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 609
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 609
Oops, sorry. I haven't been on for a while and missed your callout.<p>I'm doing fine. I'm just living my life, and trying to work things out for myself. W and I still talk and see each other occasionally. She's had some nice things to say of late...well, not nice, but good to hear. She's "back to being confused." Her therapist has told her that she has weak boundaries and needs to sort those out before she can consider anything else out. She's been advised to just be alone, without me OR her boyfriend.<p>I disagree with that terribly, but I have no control over what advice she chooses to follow.<p>To me, it would seem that I should be there to help her through any personal problems that she has. I vowed to her, to her family, to myself, and to God that I would be her rock. And though I've failed at that miserably over the last several years, I've finally got myself straightened out and want to be there for her.....but that's just not going to happen, I guess.<p>No matter, I feel the best that I have about myself in years. I'm finding my self-love again, and I'm anxiously awaiting Spring so I can get back into my outside activities.<p>W is a bit upset that I've posted so many details here, but again, I can't control her reactions. I respect her wishes, but at the same time, I have to do what's right for ME, and that means telling you all the whole story so I can work through it. She has actually registered her on MB, but it was because she was angry at something that I'd posted, and was going to reply with spit and vinegar. I don't know if she actually HAS posted anything, but I do hope she does. I KNOW that there are some caring, level headed people here that might just be able to help her sort some things out. <p>We'll see.<p>In the meantime, I'm still reading the boards, posting occasionally, and am conversing "off-line" with several of you.<p>Thank you all SO much for the support you've provided me over the last four months!<p>P.S. MoM (and others), just ignore him. I wanted terribly to jump in on their thread in DD, but really, what good would it do? none. The only thing we can do is to support her, and pray for her.<p>Take care all.
Kev

#976787 02/18/02 10:11 PM
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 223
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 223
Kev,
Glad to see you so chipper, even if it means she's still not around. You SOUND good and she will see that. Even if she doesn't come out and say it, she'll see it! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] It took me months to admit seeing the change in Bill. But then I realized one important thing...
One of my complaints about him (rather, our relationship) was that I felt as though I was willing to grow and learn and he wasn't. After five years of being married, I didn't want to be stagnant anymore. I wanted to reach out and expand my/our horizons. He felt happy where he was.
So during our separation, to see him growing without ME was a bit of an eye-opener. Now look at the kettle calling who black? [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
But, now we are growing together and loving it! We just got back from our first trip (without the girls) and I felt sad to be without him today at work.
You and W are in our prayers, as always.


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0