Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#979868 03/05/02 03:50 PM
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 8,069
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 8,069
Broken Hearted,<p>How are you? How did Sunday go? You've been in my thoughts.<p>Jo

#979869 03/05/02 08:20 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 547
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 547
Hi Jo,
Sunday went better than I thought it would. H told the kids that the A was his fault and that I had nothing to be blamed for. He told them that we have been having problems for a few years (something I was not aware of until August when I kept confronting him about his "friendship") Anyway, my youngest daughter blew up at him and told him exactly how she was feeling. He took the criticism better than I expected. Of course, this is all second hand info, but my daughter usually tells me everything. So I was feeling pretty good about things and he was talking to me so I had decided to hold off on the letter. I guess if I am not sure about it, I should not send it yet. We have a few occasions that we both have to attend so maybe I will wait a few weeks. I am so confused. I also found out today that the papers were not delivered to him (they were supposed to be delivered last week!) It just seems that nothing is going to go right in anything I do. Sorry this is so long. I guess I had a lot to say!! I was feeling so down today and then came on and saw that you were concerned about me....it just made my day!! Thanks Jo!
BH

#979870 03/05/02 09:02 PM
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,697
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,697
Brokenhearted,<p>If you don't mind, I have a question to ask you -did you ever think of doing an intervention on you H cuz of his drinking? <p>Just a thought.

#979871 03/05/02 09:08 PM
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,697
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,697
Brokenhearted,<p>I just noticed your separation date - the same as my Dday 1. I also know the pain of living with a man who has a problem with alcohol. I attend AA (have for almost 10 years) & know that until he is through with drinking, then just about nothing else will come together. you probably know this already.<p>Interesting too my WH's OW1 is Julie. we've been married almost 22 years. I am sorry for the pain you are going through. I am preparing a plan B letter as well.<p>God Bless <p> [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

#979872 03/06/02 11:03 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 547
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 547
WGTT, I have never thought of an intervention. I really don't know how I would go about that, but I will look into it. He definitely needs help and so does Julie. what a coincidence...we have a lot in common!! I wish you luck with your plan B letter. It was not as easy as I thought it would be! I thought I would be able to put down exactly what I wanted to say and be done with it, but once I started...I just didn't know how to say it without sounding hateful and angry. Anyway, thanks for the response and the suggestion. Good luck and God bless!
BH

#979873 03/07/02 12:18 AM
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 669
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 669
BH-<p>Just thought I would share this with you. I too was/am giving seriuos thoughts to Plan B, even made a few feeble attempts at a Plan B letter. But, the more I pursued it and thought about, the more I began to doubt if it was the right thing to do, at least for now. Doubt is a good thing in situations like this.<p>I think that is the beauty about MB, Plan A and this board, it really makes you work hard and put serious thought into everything you do. It makes you fight for your WS and M, and only when you are absolutely certain that you have given it your best, that is when you KNOW Plan B is the right thing to do. Dont get too worked up about whether it is time for Plan B or not. When the time comes, if it does, you will know that it is the right time. <p>Until then, keep on keeping on, you never know what tomorrow will bring (believe me, I know)
[img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

#979874 03/07/02 02:29 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 547
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 547
Thanks LHS! I have been following your progress and I am so happy for the success you have made. I know there have been ups and downs, but it seems like there are more ups!! Since our situations are quite similar, I am very interested in reading your posts! Are you still neighbors with the OM? Just wondering how you are handling seeing the OM or his wife and kids. You mentioned once that your kids were friends with OM's kids, just curious how that was going. My son is having a very difficult time seeing his friend and they have been best friends for 13 years. It is so hard to see their friendship suffer! Anyway...just wondering about that. Thanks again!
BH

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 37 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0