Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Myownme Offline OP
OP Offline
M
O.K. all, I KNOW this is a Marriage Building website...but you've all been here to see what's happened with me...<p>Yesterday my (XH) and I stood before a judge, and after asking a few questions, he dissolved our almost 17-year marriage in a matter of minutes...<p>Honestly, I'm glad it was so quick and painless...the last year has been the worst of my entire life (even when my first H committed suicide, I knew it was final right away, and began grieving). Folks, I don't know if I'll EVER look at a roller-coaster in the same way! I used to LOVE the roller-coasters the best...think I may avoid them for a while!! HAHA!<p>So we go to the courtroom...there are lots of cases to be heard. Ours was a slam dunk, but I just want to share with you all what we listened to before ours....<p>Right before our turn there was one that took about a half hour...the situation was this...the husband was filing for divorce...the wife has been in prison for almost 5 years for killing a baby in her care (shaken baby syndrome)....the father was trying to get sole legal custody of their 3 girls...the youngest is 5 years old and has never known her mother living in the house...also, the father has been having to drive the girls 6 hours one-way each weekend to see their mother....are you all crying yet? I was...<p>Let me tell you what that did for my XH and I...it told BOTH of us how LUCKY we are! We are living less than a mile from each other...our kids are free to see either of us whenever they choose.<p>Here's the best part about filing for the D and getting it....I have had some of the BEST conversations with my XH over the last week that we've had in ALL OUR 17 YEARS TOGETHER! Once the pressure of the M was gone, I decided that regardless of the pain and suffering he's put me through with his A, I want to be his friend!<p>What a wonderful thing!!! Now my XH just has to convince OW that he and I are NOT going to fall into bed together! OW's out there, beware....when you get the man, it's not always such a great thing!! She's PARANOID about every time he talks to me....I feel kinda sorry for her actually...I'm feeling wonderfully free and she's feeling PARANOID..<p>On top of all of this, I have been given an opportunity to go back to an old job that I LOVED, working for a man that I respected a GREAT DEAL...more money, more vacation, more EVERYTHING!! God has been SO faithful to me!!<p>Oh, and the GREATEST.....tomorrow I'm being Baptized at my Church!! My XH and all the kids, and friends will be there to see me publicly give my life over to CHRIST!!<p>All I can say to all of you is that when you let go and give all of it to GOD, he directs your path in an amazing way!! <p>Take care all, thanks so much for taking the time to read this and I shall continue to pray for each and EVERY ONE of you...my Marriage did not survive, but I'm a stronger, more confident, more loving person because of it!<p>PEACE!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>MOM

A
A
Yes I'm crying now....
I'm so happy for you - you sound completely at peace!

I
I
Hello,
I A'm so happy to hear this, I needed to hear some good news. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] And thank u for sharing it.
Cathy

O
O
Mom,<p>Wow I am impressed and amazed of how you made it through all this. Life is rough and tough, yet through it learn and manage to survive. <p>You sound very upbeat now. Please know that you are still very much an active and welcomed contributor here. <p>It is good to read your comments and feelings. I wish you a happier and better life. You definitely deserve it. <p>Whatever now the OW will find out if she got a gem or a stone. He may not be a precious gem to her like he is for you. Which makes you an even more valuable person. <p>Through the tears of your story, you made me smile today....thanks. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>
Take Care,
L.

M
Myownme Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks all....it's truly amazingly incredible what God has done for me this last year!! I'm thinking if I had not had to endure this...I may still be limping along in my old behaviors, not experiencing life the way it was meant to be experienced....with WONDER and JOY!!<p>Love ya all!<p>Kari

S
S
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Myownme:
<strong>O.K. my Marriage did not survive, but I'm a stronger, more confident, more loving person because of it!<p>PEACE!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>MOM</strong><hr></blockquote><p>you are a true sucess story<p>may you continue to grow

H
H
I've got to go here soon, Mom, but just wanted to say Hooray!!! I hate to see divorce happen, however, there are times when it is definitely a good thing. I am especially happy about your baptism. Take care and look forward to reading more from you.<p>PS. I did my own freedom thing. Yesterday morning, I gave my H a letter agreeing that the past is in the past (no EA or PA here, just some external temptation). I cannot tell you how free I felt. Perhaps you feel the same way. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

D
D
MoM,<p>You and I came on just a few months apart from each other, and you are so far ahead of me with the acceptance thing and being friends, I am getting there. You have been an inspiration....
Please continue to post and update, I am anxious to hear about the dating and things!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>And you are so very right that these things have to be turned over to the Lord for His will to be done, I am happy that you have accepted the Lord into your life and allowed Him to work within you, to make a bettter you. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Take care and may the Lord continue to bless and keep you in His wonderful care.<p>Dawn [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

I am happy you are at peace and following God's will. Your life will be blessed and blessed some more.<p>Hugs,
Cali

E
E
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Myownme:
<strong>Take care all, thanks so much for taking the time to read this and I shall continue to pray for each and EVERY ONE of you...my Marriage did not survive, but I'm a stronger, more confident, more loving person because of it!
</strong><hr></blockquote><p>MOM, although I wish with all my heart that you did not have to have this experience, you are proof of the value of MB. YOU are a success even though your M did not survive. Best wishes to you and the children as you embark on you future as a whole woman.<p>Love,
Estes

T
T
((((((( Myownme )))))))<p>I'm happy and sad at the same time. I am glad to see that you are handling things well - more than well. You are one strong lady and I hope I can find strength like you'r some day. May God bless you. It seems everything is falling into place [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

M
M
MOM,<p>I am truely happy for you. I wish you the best in the years to come.<p>It is true, roller coasters are definitely not my ideal ride anymore either...but without experiencing one, maybe we would never be able to experience a more joyful future. <p>Again, I wish you the best for you and your family. Pat

M
Myownme Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks again all...you mean so much to me (extended family, really)...I wish the peace that passes ALL understanding for all of you...I think that I've finally gotten there!!<p>Love you guys!!<p>Kari

C
cl Offline
C
HI Mom,
Hold your head up and give a big happy scream!!!!!!
You are wonderful. Congrats on remaining civil.
aloha, cl

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 441 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation