Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#984161 03/12/02 01:58 AM
H
OP Offline
H
Well my whole story is posted under"12 years for nothing". But just more and more things are adding up. We have been getting along better, he is wearing his wedding ring again, and we have made love a couple of times. But what he does not know is that I read his e-mail. and it says it all. he does still have contact with the OW and that he also had another affair a few months ago that went on for some time. Do I confront him, or just keep building my case. i did finally go to the doctor and he put me on some med's, thank god. i was going crazy.
i have been off work for 1 week now. i asked him if we could go out this friday and just hang out, and he said "i dont know"
after looking through the info i have I think he is still be going and seeing the OW. But with it being out of town I cant find out for sure.
We talked alot last week and I cant find anything since that time, like I said he put his ring back on and has been doing better. I still have not got a "I LOVE YOU" and he dosent give me goodbye kisses anymore.
So to my best of knowledge, i think he has been having an affair for the past 7 months, boy do I feel stupid. I am going to get tested for STD's tommorow.
I need help. I have a male friend that I use to date that Icould talk to about all this, but I am very worried about what could happen. He has been after me for 12 years and in fact I was with him about 12 years ago,
What do I do?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#984162 03/11/02 03:00 PM
B
B
I don't know what you should do, BUT I think you are doing the right thing to come here.<p>Also, I think the WRONG thing to do would be to pour it all out to the friend you mention.<p>For me, I had to wait a long time before doing anything because I had a lot of trouble making decisions.

#984163 03/11/02 03:55 PM
O
O
Hi, <p>Wanted to let you know that I read your post and will need to reply later. Having probs with this computer.......arrrgh. <p>L.

#984164 03/11/02 04:00 PM
J
J
Just remember that there must be some reason you split with the other man years ago. Trading one bad relationship for another is not going to benefit you.

#984165 03/12/02 12:43 AM
H
OP Offline
H
the friend I am talking about is 22 years older then me, he was and is a mutual friend of both me and my husband. He went through the same thing about 12 years ago. he had the affair, and lost his whole family because of it. I thought maybe he could give me some insight into what my husband is really thinking.
I saw this man today while I was with my husband he gave me his cellphone #, and said if i needed him to just call. I have NOT called and dont plan on it at this point.
My husband did question me on what the 2 of us talked about, i was honest with him and told him about the cell#.
My husband has applied for a new job, i hope he is sincere, he has not come right out and said he wants to work things out, but he is here, we are making love, we are spending time together, i hope it is real, but I do fear that he is just playing the game until he can get out. This has really messed up the kids already, they are in counseling, then I find out tonight that my step-daughter, whom I am raising and have for 12 years may be expecting.. first test showed negative. She has also asked me not to tell her father, her grandmother and I know and did the test with her. We are gonna re-do test in morning. She is only 16! I pray to god she is not...
Just another thing to add to my stress this week.

#984166 03/12/02 02:00 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Well, a new day, a new start, he knows I have his e-mails. He has agreed to spend Friday night, just us!! I love this jerk so much. and i am willing to fight for him. i think he has been reading this site as well as my entries.
IF YOU ARE READING THIS: I LOVE YOU AND FORGIVE YOU! WE CAN MAKE IT.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 629 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation