Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 966
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 966
As the subject says... WW is VERY depressed right now. (Check out my other threads and you'll quickly see why.)<p>Any thoughts on how to Plan A her in this state? Many traditional things don't work. For example, I tried to act a bit happier around her, hoping for osmosis and just got a bunch of crying and lecturing about how I was being insensitive. I realize she's going through some very tough times, and I'd love to give her space and time, but we're in a small apartment - kind of hard to do.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,170
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,170
How 'bout small trailer with 2 kids? My H just started asking what could he do. Why did I feel like that on a particular day? (I was coming out of it at the time his lightbulb came on. I don't think he really knew how to deal with it when I was in the thick of it.) <p>There's a saying, "Don't sing songs to a broken heart." Perhaps, if you are Christians, you can pray for her alone, and then pray for her together. Pray openly about her husband. You. That you would learn how to treat her so she feels good about herself and other things concerning her. Now, I wouldn't dwell on the depression. Cuz sometimes my H asked me things about why I was depressed when I wasn't, that was a little frustrating although I don't know why. Perhaps your leadership will help pull her out of it. <p>How do you two feel about her being medicated with some sort of anti-depressant? I had two counseling sessions, to discover that I am not the only person to face my feelings and that they truly are legitimate feelings. Try to get her to do some new things. If she enjoyed watching movies with you, which doesn't require a whole lot from her, then rent a new, non-depressing movie (like Shrek) or an old favorite of hers. Although, that could bring on more emotion when she remembers a safer time. When you do something, ask her to be with you, for you. Tell her you want her there. If she doesn't want to, try not to be disappointed or get angry. In that case, say you just thought it would be nice if she joined you but it's up to her (something like that.) I hope this helps. I hope you can start to see improvement soon. It will definitely take time.<p>Hoping


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0