Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
*Cali* Offline OP
OP Offline
From the Little Prince
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. <hr></blockquote><p>I was replying on another thread and this quote surfaced from someplace long ago... <p>a friend and I were talking of marriages today... of those that make it and those that end in divorce... I wish I had thought of this quote then... because it is basically what she said... that many don't see what is right before their eyes... they don't 'enjoy' their lives... they don't 'see' their blessings...<p>Thoughts on a Friday night... it's been a hard week.<p>Hugs to all,
Cali

T
T
I read a lot of books...but The Little Prince is on my list of top five favorite books for sure [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] Children's book or not, it's beautiful, simple, and timeless...

W
W
Oh, I love this quote and that book.
Speaking of childrens' books, how about The Velveteen Rabbit - oh, my lord, when it gets into becoming "real" and how "you are real when you have allowed someone to know you well enough to have all your hair loved off". <p>Don't we all just want to be loved that way?<p>So simple, so beautiful and so true.

S
S
Calli
You and i are both finding the truth that matters.
Wiffle - ya he loved him(the bunny) but he was also careless and left him outside where tha ants crawled all over him.

M
M
Yeah, I have to agree--that is one of my favorite books. I am still reeling from yesterday....trying to get my emotions back under control.<p>I can't believe he doesn't see the beauty in me and his family. How we were always there for him.<p>I didn't go to son's soccer game today. When my son got home tonight he said "Dad does funny things when I have to leave." I asked him what kind of funny things...he said well he says funny things...and sometimes he cries. Why is he doing this.....why is he doing this again. How many times does he put us through this? Why can't he learn from his mistakes? <p>I know he has an addictive personality....but gosh, you would think you would learn. <p>I am hijacking your post...so sorry. That quote just got to me....it is so true!!!

C
cl Offline
C
Cali,
thanks for sahring the simple truths of life.
Often I think we really look too deep, when we just need to look into the heart.
It has been one of the worst weeks of my life, and I need to regroup. Not anything to do with marriage, h is wonderful, recovery is wonderful.
It is just me-found some internal boundaries that I had no idea even existed. Maybe will write on it if I can get the thoughts together enough!
Thanks again, cl

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 335 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation