Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Daniel Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I am not very sure where this separation is going.
We sold our house and each moved into separate rented houses. My wifes thoughts were that we need to find the people we used to be. I said that's fine but we can only do that if we aren't seeing anyone else while we live apart,(she agreed) and she needs to tell me if OM contacts her in any way. (she got unlisted/unpublished phone number, I kept old one. she agreed.
Last week she called me to ask if I could hook up her washer, the hose was leaking and she had no tools. I said I could come over that night. Got there and fixed it. With CD playing in background she offered me a glass of wine, accepted by me. We sat and talked till 11:30. She brought up OM. Said he was lying to her all along. While he lived with her and when he moved away, he was talking with another woman, and is now living with her. Talked more then I got up to leave. She gave me a peck on the cheek and thanked me for my help. I turned to leave then turned back and asked for 1 more kiss. She gave me another on my lips. I smiled at her and said good night. As I was backing out of the driveway she blinked the lights 3 times (this was our way of saying I Love You before)and waved.
This past week I let her know I was going out to buy a washer/dryer,(ran other errrands too) before I got back she had called 4 times. She doesn't know I have caller ID.
she only left 1 message on answering machine.
she has asked me many times if I'm mad at her, which I tell her honestly NO.
I know I'm wordy, but I need to know if this seems like she is leaning towards me. Just typing this out helps me.
Thanks D

B
B
Hi Daniel,<p>Sounds like you are doing a good Plan A. Have you had a chance to meet with the Harleys?<p>If her affair is really over...the fog may be clearing [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

N
N
dear danie- sounds good. whatever you are doing in plan a, keep it up. you may have bumps in the road-prepare for them. but it all sounds good.

D
Daniel Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Bramlerose, Thanks for your encouragement, I haven't talked to the Harleys, I have my own personal councilor, and my wife is going to start with one herself in next few weeks. Reality is setting in quite solidly. I can't control what she goes through, but I don't need to protect her either. She needs to face challenges and prevail. I have told her to just ask if she needs help.
nikko, There are lots of bumps, there are days I think my shocks have given out then they come back strong. Yes this is plan A. be supportive and open to her but do the best I can for me too.<p>.D.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 697 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation