Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
N
here goes:<p>1) i like that i am a strong woman<p>2) i like that i am giving and kind<p>3) i like that i can cook wonderfully<p>4)i like that i have a gift in what i do and have risen to the top in my carrer.<p>5) i like that im a good mom<p>6) i like that im an honest and trustworthy friend<p>7) i like that i look good.<p>
this was easier than i thought-i could keep going.

S
S
This is really hard right now, cause I feel very sorry for myself and basically like ****, but I figure it will be good therapy.<p>1. I completed a degree in Molecular Biology<p>2. I give a damn about nature and people (even when they treat me badly, like my H).<p>3. I can do anything I put my bloody stubborn mind too (except that this plan A stuff is a real tester).<p>4. I like wierd and interesting people, places and things. I accept these things as they are. I can make up delicious fantasies-not just about sex either!<p>5. I have a really good body right now (care of infidelity diet)look good and am really enjoying it.<p>6. I love to laugh and have fun, and can have fun like a kid.<p>7. I am now a certified Open water Diver!

R
R
Let me see....seven things I like about me....<p>1. my hair...long, brown, and thick...I even like the gray I have been finding recently<p>2. my new assertiveness....hey, my thoughts, feelings, and opinions matter<p>3. my ability to learn from my mistakes and this situation<p>4. I am a good mom<p>5. the changes I am making within myself...similar to #3 but more expansive<p>6. my ability to do needlepoint and crochet<p>7. my eyes....very dark brown...almost black<p>That wasn't so hard. Everyone should give this a try. You might be surprised with the things you come up with. Besides, it is good therpy.

A
A
Yay! great thread!<p>1) My hair. Long, black and silky. Everybody always wants to braid it, fix it... it is actually a bit of an annoyance, but I love the compliments.<p>2) My eyes. Everybody keeps telling me they are sexy and catlike [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] what that means I really dunno.<p>3) I can learn anything VERY quickly. Anything at all. From a very complex mathematical theorem through anything humanities or arts can throw at me. I am specially proud of me being able to produce perfectly centered pottery pieces the first day I tried to throw in the wheel (people normally need a month to learn).<p>4) I have read over 3000 books and counting [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>5) I am a very good cook, I can cook a perfect dish even when it is the first time I try. No matter how complex or time consuming.<p>6) People like me, and I like some people. I love to make them happy, laugh and smile and be kids for a bit.<p>7) I am strong, stronger than I ever thought I would be. I never give up.

T
T
1. I like having four wonderful children, that SNL and I made.
2. I am a most friendly, talkative person.
3. I enjoy being with people, and taking care of others, and listening to what they have to say.
4. I am a caregiver (nurse) and this is so beneficial to my self-esteem to see when one delights in my caregiving.
5. I love animals, and caring for animals. They give unconditional love. Even sad to see a animal tormented, and still give unconditional love to those that mistreat them.
6. I like to read, and go to the movies.
7. I love God, want to have him strong in my hear, to get rid of all the pain that SNL has put in my heart, and to our children.
Please God, help our children, and help me with all that SNL has done in this home.

B
OP Offline
B
[img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I'm praying that we all find the inner peace that comes from good relationships, esp. that confidence in knowing that we are hearing from God and moving in the direction He has already mapped out for us... one small step at a time... It seems He only gives enough light for that one step, ya know? Never the whole path from point A to point B. I guess that is where the trust comes in--trust because we don't know all the answers. Keep the faith! We'll get there!

D
D
<p>[ April 06, 2002: Message edited by: Daniel ]</p>

D
D
You all made me think. I should have answered before reading yours.<p>1.Loyalty<p>2.My love of reading<p>3.Compassionate towards others<p>4.Quick wit and combacks<p>5.My eye for decorating<p>6.My sewing and woodworking skills<p>7.my diverse interests

W
W
Thanks for bringing this up - this is something we all need to do and my goodness it is so hard - most of the time I only thing of all the things I don't do well!
Anyway,
My best 7 are this:
1. I am a child of God and I am enough - I have everthing I need inside of me.
2. I am attractive (sometimes I even think beautiful) and even though it is simply luck of the genes, and I had nothing to do with it - when I feel like crap, but know that I look good it helps a little.
3. I am a loving, giving person who is very loyal.
4. I have a witty and wonderful sense of humor
5. I am smart.
6. I am a good cook.
7. I have a photographic memory - for names, places, events, birthdays... I can see someone I haven't seen in years and ask about their "Aunt Mary" who was sick, how is she? Guess I should be in sales - or on Who wants to be a Millionaire!<p>After reading this I sound like a self-absorbed person who thinks I am perfect! Boy, there's some humor and irony in that!!
But this was fun.
Thanks again,
Wiff

G
G
BTDT,
Thank you so much for your caring comments and prayer. I am working on me, trying to get back the confident, joyful person that I used to be. <p>It's there externally, no one has any idea what i'm going through. It's my way of keeping this from being the topic of gossip, and in the long run further hurting my family.<p>Thanks again, I appreciate your thoughts! I'm off to sing at a wedding, have to put the demons in my head aside so I can glorify God and honor the couple with my music. Prayers to you, Ladysing

A
A
This is a neat opportunity to connect with a group of really great people. I'm relatively new here on the MB boards (about a month now, new at posting), but have found lots of soulmates who really know what it is to live one hour at a time with a WS who doesn't know what they are going to do in the next 5 minutes.....<p>My list:
#1. I am very flexible in that I can adept to ANY situation; I know God is with me and will help me, no matter where I am or what I need.<p>#2. I can get along with ANYBODY. (That has sure helped me in living with my WS!)<p>#3. Everyone I meet seems to like me (probably a little because of #2 haha). (Except OW doesn't like me very much....can't figure that one out. hahaha<p>#4. I can get along on VERY little money (lots of practice with this one!).<p>#5. I love to write and have been told I 'have a way with words.'<p>#6. I love to speak to groups and share what I've learned in my profession. (I'm a family child care provider--that means I do licensed child care for a group of children in my home.)<p>#7. I have a great sense of humor and can find something funny in almost every situation! (And THAT'S been a gift from God, believe me!) [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Wow, I was on a roll and not ready to stop! Does that mean I'm self absorbed, or just confident in who I am! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>After living with my H for 30 years, I HAD to discover AND nurture the good qualities I have. I'd be a little puddle on the floor right now if I hadn't! [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Thanks for the thread!
amazingrace

I
I
This is hard for me....but here it goes:<p>1) Good warped since of humor (When I can laugh)
2) Careing (I don't want anyone to hurt)
3) Loyal (Even infidelity did not chase me away)
4) Patient ( I have made it this long)
5) Dynamic and Changing (Who knows what I may become)
6) Good at computers (Boy, I cracked so many passwords)
7) A good piece of clay ( I am molding myself to be a better piece of art)<p>This list will continually change during my recovery.

B
OP Offline
B
I know. It IS difficult to think of good things about ourselves when we are feeling low or rejected for no good reason. Especially when someone stomps on our love. We just keep wondering why and they can't or won't give any solid explanations. And if they do, it is downright unacceptable cuz it doesn't make sense! The point is they are confused!<p>So, we have to refocus and reprogram our own thinking since we can't change anyone else's mind but our own... [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Hey Ladysing! I'm peeking in here to check on you! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] May you find all your comfort and strength in the Lord. It's tough to hold it all inside. Sometimes that IS the right thing to do tho.<p>I heard a story about a woman who was a leader (counselor) in her church for 10 years while her H worked in the liquor industry... She never said a word about his lack of support of her ministry involvement and his bad behavior. Eventually, he came around! Started attending church with her and got into a different business! She never opened her mouth for 10 years but just kept praying and believing God for his change of heart. Imagine that?!

B
B
Well, I will be repetitive, but:<p>1. I am very LOYAL.
2. I am a great mom.
3. I am good at organizing things.
4. I have pretty eyes (they change color)
5. I can adapt to almost any situation (even this one, gross)
6. I am learning and growing, not stagnating.
7. I don't give up. (though I might take rest breaks.)

B
OP Offline
B
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Bgentle:
[QB]...
4. I have pretty eyes (they change color)
...[QB]<hr></blockquote><p>Wow! I like that about you too! That IS VERY unique! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 501 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation