Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#991658 04/08/02 09:14 AM
I
I Spy Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Hey All,<p>I have a problem with MB. I am addicted!! I cannot seem to stop posting and checking posts. I am getting concerned. <p>I guess that this is the only place I can talk to people that can relate. <p>I read a thread a while back about someone else (can't remember who's) with the same problem.<p>Any advice?

#991659 04/08/02 09:40 AM
P
P
I Spy
I am new to MB but have been reading and posting on I.com for several weeks. I too am a bit concerned I go there and here daily, several times aday. Right now I feel I need to do what ever gets me through the day. Friends and family just can't understand, and I need to feel I am not alone. Right now this is the only way I can achieve this. I hope to tapper off once I start to feel more confortable with my situation. If you are that conserned about it, set yourself a few restrictions, but take it slow. But I don't think you are any different than the rest of us. I always notice who's on with me and I see many of the same people.
Good luck in your struggle.
So sorry you need to be here too.
Passmeby<p>Married 21 years Weds.
Me 40, H 42
D-day/R-day Nov 1 2001
Affair lasted 8 months with coworker
They still work together, But H is looking for another job
2 Boys 20 & 18
Both of us working very hard on the Marriage.

#991660 04/08/02 09:55 AM
B
brw Offline
B
I Spy,
I don't think that you are any different from the rest of us. It does get to be a habit especially when you get to know people here. I find that my interest comes and goes depending on how things are going. Sometimes I may not post or reply for a week and only read briefly. Then it may kick in again. I've only been here since Jan/02 but I know what you are saying. I think we all want help and would like to help someone in return.
[img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
Brw

#991661 04/08/02 09:59 AM
H
H
My H has said (and I've thought) the same thing. I have 3 kids that make it hard. But, I kind of see it as a way to help others and myself and my family. Mutual ministering, I guess. I limit my posts and all that, but still spend a lot of time here. <p>Something that may help is a timer.<p>Also, you may eventually be able to control the urges to be here because of slow days and if you limit your posts, they will fizzle out. And you can replace them with a new post if they do.<p>HTH,<p>Hoping

#991662 04/08/02 09:59 AM
G
G
I agree with passmeby. Don't worry, you'll start posting less and logging on less when you need MB less. People don't stay here forever. I wouldn't worry.

#991663 04/08/02 10:03 AM
L
L
People don't stay here forever? Good to know [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] .<p>3 1/2 years is nuthin' right? Those 4000 (I had another name at one time) posts, took no time at all.<p>I'm just laughing. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I've got my reasons for staying...not addicted, never been addicted, nope....

#991664 04/08/02 09:07 PM
O
O
Kinda like therapy when you can't afford the MC on a 24/7 basis. Need to realize that these are working folks with their own agenda and not demand that all be here for you 24/7 either. But for the most part, there is good support here so that accounts for my several thousand posts. <p>I did not celebrate each time I turn another 1k. Sure wish I had a dollar for each one. But I don't need that movitation. For me, posting helped me refocus and at the same time learn and share. <p>So I do come here almost every day. H is still alive, I am still sane and OW well....let's just say she should be grateful that I am here @ MB and not someplace else!!! LOL! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>L.

#991665 04/08/02 09:12 PM
S
S
addicted, I couldn't be [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] . Just because I come here whenever I sit down at the computer.<p> [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] <p>no, really even though my marriage is over I still check in to see friends, & occasionally I can still help someone<p>and then the LB fairie might have to make a west coast run, still owe MsPBR a rock [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

#991666 04/08/02 10:45 PM
W
W
Addicted to MB - Absolutely!!!!
[img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 135 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation