Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#992252 04/10/02 03:12 PM
D
davepr Offline OP
OP Offline
D
found out yesterday that wife is planning to move in with OM. That is the final straw for me, no more plan B, I am moving to Plan C (moving on in my life and give up my marriage). <p>I wanted to thank everyone for all their advice over the last 5 months and hope that everyone that is in the situation has a happier end than mine. Atleast I have learned alot and I am a stonger, better person for having gone through this HELL.
Take care,
Dave

#992253 04/10/02 03:21 PM
H
H
Sorry again Dave,
I really do believe it is still only a matter of time before the mass of reality that is building up over your wife causes her fantasy to cave in. Live for yourself and your kids.<p>Keep in touch!<p>-HI

#992254 04/10/02 03:21 PM
P
P
Dave, so sorry for your pain. I wish strenth and peace for you. Keep posting as you feel the need. There are others that have been where you are. I also know that there are certainly some issues you may need to share. We are still here for you. Take care, and good luck.

#992255 04/10/02 05:19 PM
J
J
Dave,<p>I am sorry it has come to this. Maybe in the near future she will wake up and see what she is doing. But, no matter I suspect that your life will take a turn for the better. You have a lot of living to do Dave, go do it and enjoy it.<p>God Bless,<p>JL

#992256 04/10/02 05:32 PM
R
R
Dave-<p>Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you. I don't know too much about your situation, but I think your sig line explains it very well. Your W really sounds messed up and there doesn't seem like there is much you can do for her right now. Its time for you to take a huge step back and distance yourself from all of this. Let go of W and let God take care of her, that's really all you can do.<p>Stay strong and devote your time right now to you and your kids. Really do let W go, she has to go through this by herself now.<p>Unfortunately, I sometimes think that my W and OM are planning on the same kind of thing. Its so tragic that little kids have to witness this. I know that mine have been devastated by all of this.<p>Remember that we will always be here for you no matter what happens.<p>God Bless you.

#992257 04/11/02 03:49 AM
R
R
Dave,<p>Plan C is move on and never look back (regret) ... you had done your best and not all M is worth saving. I could not imagine how you could put up this long. You deserve a better mate, good luck and God Bless you.<p>-RH-

#992258 04/11/02 07:04 AM
E
E
So sorry to hear what's happening. I very much respect and applaud you for your actions to save your marriage and family. It seems like the addiction is too strong. Don't take it personally. Focus on being strong for yourself and your children. I think your wife will understand what she gave up someday. The knowledge you've gained here and from this experience, painful though it is, can be used to create a wonderful relationship in the future. And believe me, if your W doesn't come to her senses, I know you will find a person to share love with one day.

#992259 04/11/02 07:05 AM
E
E
oops double posted!<p>[ April 11, 2002: Message edited by: espoir ]</p>

#992260 04/11/02 08:21 AM
D
davepr Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks everyone, I appreciate it so much, all of you have been so nice to me!<p>I know in my heart that I did everything I could do to save this marriage, I may have made some mistakes, not meeting her ENs, durning the marriage but I have really tried to save this, I used every tool available to me, it just wasn't meant to be.<p>I know that I will be fine, I will focus on becoming the best father and person I can be and use the knowledge that I have gained so that someday when I find that special person I will not repeat the the mistakes I have made in the past. After all, life is a learning expeience and we do the best we can everyday. I pray to God to give me strength so that I can be there for my children and to heal my wounds.
Take care,
Dave

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 232 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation