Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#992411 04/11/02 08:20 AM
B
OP Offline
B
Advertisers are required by law to speak truthfully about the products they are promoting. Why should it be any different for those who are getting married? Here's a vow that would have been much more appropriate than the one that was delivered to me by my W:<p>I, WS, take you, be_positive, to be my husband,
to have and to hold from this day forward (as long as I still have butterflies in my stomach and feel like a schoolgirl on her first date),
for better but not for worse,
for richer but not for poorer,
in health but not in sickness,
to love and to cherish, until things get difficult or someone better comes along. This is my solemn vow.<p>Thanks for putting up with my sarcasm and silliness! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>BP

#992412 04/11/02 09:38 AM
P
P
BP
Thanks for the sarcasm and the silliness [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>You need it in these situations<p>Passmeby<p>"When you find yourself walking through He11, Keep going"

#992413 04/12/02 12:08 AM
C
C
And my H says "I don't get it" when I tell him I have an aversion to weddings. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] <p>My former wedding anniversary will always be a day of mourning for me. That was the day my life was stolen from me under false pretenses. Not to mention that he'd always said he wanted to renew our vows on our 10th anniversary. Guess where he was and what he was doing instead when that anniversary rolled around last year. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] He better not dare to do anything but apologize to me when that date comes around this year.

#992414 04/11/02 02:34 PM
G
G
Wow,
I know what you mean about the aversion to weddings. I frequently sing at them and it is very hard to sit through the vows... [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img]

#992415 04/11/02 02:47 PM
J
J
There is no sarcasim here. My W and I actually discussed this in a round about way. <p>She wanted to know why I still wanted to work on the M. I told her that I still loved her and meant the vow I made to her. She said but she "didn't want to"<p>I then reminded her that when I made my vow and remembered her making hers that it was not - For richer or poorer, in sickness and in health or until "I dont want to anymore". I told her I would never have agreed to that.<p>She just shrugged her shoulders as if to say too bad.<p>Just thought I would share.

#992416 04/11/02 03:19 PM
H
H
i too meant my vows... my h says when you are treated so bad... sometimes you have to go...it is all those yrs of abuse I dumped on him and put him through... me being such the awful person that I am... faithful, loving patient and forgiving of all his unfaithfulness and drunkenness... also to say I caused all his problems... in life.. right? life would be great wihtout me... I am the problem... right?<p>thanks for the humore... I needed it.
lisa

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 141 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation